01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

5mp DS-2CD2352-I - available in the UK?

Hi. Unfortunately no, the 5MP Hikvision cameras aren't available in the UK just yet and are still region-limited to the Asian market.

We've not received an ETA either I'm afraid, so I wouldn't expect them too soon.

Noooooooooo............
4mp it is then :(

Can I ask if the i version of the 7700 and 7600 nvr's are uk models? I was told these aren't available in the UK but this site does sell them. If so do you know the difference between the 7700 and 7600? I can't really find any info and have been given some pretty vague answers. I know the 7700 takes more drives, is bigger, has a few more ports etc. Are there any software difference? Does the 7700 have more processing power?

I want 2 setups. 1 for a business with possible over 8 4mp cams and another for home with 8 or less 4mp cams.

Should I have started a new thread?

Last edited:
Ah, sorry, I didn't see you had edited this thread. I've just replied to your other thread regarding the differences between the two.

Any news on 5mp wdr in uk? I'm not in a rush to upgrade my system so am happy to wait. As soon as 5mp wdr is out in uk I will bite the bullet. I'm not interested in unsupported Chinese/Asia market stuff.

Unfortunately still the same answer I'm afraid - Hikvision have not made any indication to us that they plan to introduce the 5MP series to the UK market any time soon.

It's an extra megapixel. For the overwhelming majority of applications, 4MP is more than enough unless the 5MP cameras are attractively priced.

Back