01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

camera off line

wullboy

I have 4 cameras on my network, and 2 of them are not showing, why would this happen, why 2 & not all of them, i have static ip addresses on them, so, why would they 2 even go off line..???

That could be any number of reasons, we'd need to know some more information to help.

What cameras are they?
How are they all connected to your network?

The make is Zxtech, and they are all poe cameras with ethernet cable attached to a netgear ethernet hub, so why would 2 be ok and the other 2 not.. ??

It may be an issue with the cable - would you be able to check one of the cameras with another network cable, preferably one you know works fine?

Hi, no, this is not possible m8, i have had this issue before, [ when all 4 were of-line ] and it has corrected it`s self, [ i may have rebooted the router, or something along that line ] The sheer fact it is only 2 and not 4 had me wondering why, as i said, ive had this issue before, and was trying to get to the bottom of it

Ah okay. Your cameras are not a manufacturer I have experience with I'm afraid, but my first thought was potentially a cabling issue, especially if they're mounted outdoors, as this tends to be the main cause of intermittent camera dropouts.

Power cycle your cameras and the router perhaps.

Cheers m8, yes a reboot of the router brings them back in, [ have done this before, so i know it works..but ] i`m wondering why they do this, why 2 & not 4.. [ why at all ?? ]cheers anyway m8

Back