01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Firmware Update for DS-76xx/77xx/96xx NI-I (-I series) NVRS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear Shane :)

For the benefit of any others who might be stuck too, what did you do to resolve the mismatch error?

Call it inexperience or not knowing but basically when I extracted the update files they stacked into the same folder with the addition of a digit at the end of the file name. Just took me a moment to realise what I was doing wrong. Renamed the files and it was all good. Atleast I won't do it again though lol

So I purchased an unbranded Hikvison NVR DS-7616NI-I2/16P everytime I upgrade it says

The type of upgrade file mismatches

Is this not the same firmware? Only thing different is the Hikvision logo is blank, and doesn't have English on it. its has a CCRR serial number?

Seems to be not an official EU Hikvision model...otherwise the firmware update fails. Only your supplier is able to help you if you have e.g. a chinese model. There are a lot of buyers thinking to save a bit money with firmware hacked models from another market and then it is a big surprise that these models doesn't accept any new firmware :)

Just to be sure: your update file is "digicap.dav"? You must unzip alle firmware downloads befor downloading to the unit.

Did you upgrade your older firmware version-by-version? Maybe i am wrong, but i think it is not allowed to switch from e.g. 3.1-->3.3, so you have to upgrade from 3.1 to 3.2. and then to 3.3...

EDIT: Kieran described that already a few posts above. Sorry!

Last edited:
??? A candidate for the guiness world record 2017 ?

BTW: wrong subforum. This one here is for -I series.

New firmware released 13-Mar-2017. Anyone that have updated their firmware running this version (3.4.92)?
Just have no issues with v .91 and looking back on previous updates not all has been stabil ;-) so curious whether someone has runned v .92 ?

DOWNLOAD PORTAL

Hi Soren,

i updated to 3.4.92 a few days ago and i have no problems here :)

New firmware released 13-Mar-2017. Anyone that have updated their firmware running this version (3.4.92)?
Just have no issues with v .91 and looking back on previous updates not all has been stabil ;-) so curious whether someone has runned v .92 ?

DOWNLOAD PORTAL
Has updated as well and seems running fine

Reactions: SJS
Not sure if I will update, It's the old saying " if it ain't broke ... "

Has been running great after they finally fixed the reboot issue, looking through the notes there's nothing that would make a difference on my end.

Seems the download portal is closed/offline.

Anyone else not able to access their FTP ?

Spotted the same, has been down at least overnight.
Have contacted HikVision.
Awaiting a response.
Will update ASAP.

Update on the European portal status:

Hi,
Yes the portal is down they are aware of the problem and they are working on it.

I have just purchased the ds-7608ni-i2/8p .I have updated to the latest firmware no the problem I have is when I select shutdown a message pops up saying please power down . At that point I can only shut down by pressing the power button at the back of the nvr.
On my other nvr the 7716 i4 when I select shutdown the nvr just shutdown.is this model specific or is it a firmware problem.?

I have just purchased the ds-7608ni-i2/8p .I have updated to the latest firmware no the problem I have is when I select shutdown a message pops up saying please power down . At that point I can only shut down by pressing the power button at the back of the nvr.
On my other nvr the 7716 i4 when I select shutdown the nvr just shutdown.is this model specific or is it a firmware problem.?

mine does the same, you to manually turn it off.

anyone update to the new 3.4.95 firmware? How come some firmware's are only in ML, while others have both (Eng too)?

anyone update to the new 3.4.95 firmware? How come some firmware's are only in ML, while others have both (Eng too)?
Well I did.

I have 11 Hikvision (US English cameras all updated to latest firmware) was running Blue Iris security on a I7 PC for 3 years but wanted redundancy in a dedicated NVR. So I purchased a new DS-7616NI-I2/16P. Was led to think it was domestic ("dubbed fully upgradable") but unit has "RR" in serial number (so not Chinese, I told RR is international). It has a US plug and voltage so figured it would be okay, installed a WD purple 6tb and started adding cameras. Going through the learning curve had alot of issues adding cameras (it is supposed to take 16, up to 160mbps etc I know I know) so I updated firmware from 3.4.93 build 170408 (available on EU portal) to 3.4.95 build 170626 (on EU Portal). Ran for two weeks no problem (i went away on holiday and just let it run.) Came back and started adding more cameras up to full 11. Worked fine for another week or so. But the other day I noticed it had stopped recording (all cameras set to motion). Still had plenty of storage 3.5 TB free. System is not hot. Log says 127 F. Rebooted and it started recording but after about 18 hours it stopped recording again. Does not crash or freeze, still can liveview. Just discontinues seeing motion and records nothing. Rebooted twice more, same behavior. Did factory default and only added back two cameras. Same behavior - stopped recording after about 12 hours.

Tonight, without rebooting, I just started changing the schedule to add in periods of continuous time mixed with motion times and lo and behold, as soon as I did this, it began recording without a reboot. Smells like a firmware bug to me.

But of course its an RR version, yet the only place with matching firmware builds is EU and it took the upgrade.

I hope somebody at Hikvision picks this up and can reproduce the behavior. I would also like to go back to the previous firmware to see if that eliminates the behavior but don't know if this is possible - I downloaded 3.4.93 build 170408 (the original ML firmware that was on the RR system!!! from Europe portal). But need to learn how to overwrite the newer version. Comments? SUggestions? Help?

Hi All,

New to these devices & looking for some assistance.

Only received the unit yesterday & distributors aren't very helpful when it comes to firmware upgrades....
They simply suggest not upgrading it.

I see there is a V3.4.95 available, but would like confirmation I am looking in the right place etc for my Australian sourced unit.
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

I notice also if I use the update button it responds with no update available,
but I often see that situation with many other devices.

Thanks

Phil.

Capture.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back