01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

eyespy247 ext+ setup problems

marc.knuckle

hi guys.

i had the camera working fine for over a year even though i had initial setting up issues i somehow overcame.

today i swapped to sky fibre and thus had a new fibre hub. although i changed the ssid and wireless password in the routers settings so i had minimal setting up issues across smartphones etc, i knew i'd have trouble with the camera due to IP addresses etc.

heres where i am now -

• had it set up via ethernet so i could access the camera's set up page through my browser. this allowed me to see video through that page and also my android app but only if i used the external ip address and the port for the camera.
  • could see video via eyespy247 site and after help before the support must have gone home i managed to get the captures setup via email.
  • to allow the above to work i setup a ddns through changeip. this must have been set up right for the above to work right?
  • when i knew it was all working i then put the wireless details in, pressed save. unplugged the power to the camera and then then ethernet. left it for about 20 minutes and connected just power, no ethernet.
now the fun started. i can see video through the android app which has the external ip address and port if on data connection or with the internal ip if on home network wifi but cant do both without changing the ip address being used. if i now try to access the camera's set up page with the internal ip address (which i know should work as it did before connecting through wifi) nothing comes up.
also, the captures to eyespy247's site have stopped.
i'm lost as i know wifi is working on it as the android app gets the video feed. i know both the internal and external ip can access it depending what network i use.
i feel the solution is staring me in the face but i've been at it for hours and cant figure out where i'm going wrong and their support stopped answering emails 2 hours ago.

Hi Marc sorry for the late reply we have been very very busy in the office the last week and have been slowly getting through posts in the forum.

Unfortunately i'm finding it hard to understand what your issue is here?

But from what i can gather i would suggest resting the camera to factory defaults, deleting any saved settings on your mobile device and computer and start again from scratch as if it was a new camera, you will then be able to go through the various set up pages and settings options to configure.

Sorry this answer was very brief , but if you'd like to post more details we will try and get back to you as soon as possible.

Harri

Back