01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

separate cameras from network Nvr 7608ni i2 8

ste92

hi, i have a nik hikvision 7608 ni i2 8, without poe with an ethernet port only.
is it possible to separate the ip cameras from the internet since it only has one lan port for everything? thank you

hi, i have a nik hikvision 7608 ni i2 8, without poe with an ethernet port only.
is it possible to separate the ip cameras from the internet since it only has one lan port for everything? thank you

With a non-PoE NVR you will need to connect all your cameras to either a PoE Injector or PoE switch that are connected to the same LAN/router as your NVR.

If the cameras and NVR are connected to your LAN (Local Area Network) then they are not accessible via the wider Internet, they only become accessible when you setup Platform Access/P2P or when you port forward the router for remote access. (e.g. on the mobile app or via a PC on a different network)

that was what I wanted to know. thankyou!
so it is not possible to separate the internet (router) from lan cameras?
I should do a job, but I just wanted to separate cameras from the internet

As long as the router isn't port forwarded then connecting the cameras to that router via switch or injector will NOT make them accessible from outside your network and thus the cameras will be separated from the Internet.

The only way to detach your system from the network further would be to have an NVR with PoE ports and have all the cameras directly connected and have no LAN connection to the NVR. Do this makes it a closed-loop system with no network access and the system can only be accessed with a direct HDMI monitor, but you won't be able to do this with your non-PoE NVR.

if I connect this non-poe nvr and cameras and register it on the cloud connected to the router, the cameras can be accessed with
their ip therefore the class ip is equal to that of the nvr example:
nvr 192.168.1.100
ip cam 192.168.1.64.
does a user find both the online NVR and the online camera right in the 192.168.1.xx network?
otherwise I would have to take a dual network card nvr. but I need no poe because I have a camera at a distance of about 1 km.

Hikvision does not offer a cloud service, the cloud you refer to is that a cloud service you pay for?

Usually, these 3rd-party cloud services will only be for storing recordings and you won't be able to access the live view of the cameras or any settings from within the cloud software.

if you are accessing the cameras locally inside your router's network then the cameras and NVR would be on the same IP range (192.168.1.xxx) and you can log in into the NVR or any camera by simply typing its IP address into a PC browser on the same network. If you were to try and log in with the same addresses while connected to another router or while using 4G you will NOT be able to log in.

To remote access, you would need to port forward, which is when you open a specific port on your router for remote access. An example would be if you port forwarded port 80 on your router you would then need to add this port number to your IP address to gain access to the local network. (e.g. 192.168.1.100:80) If you don't port forward then the system is only accessible from devices also on the same local network. (e.g. 192.168.1.xxx)

sorry as cloud i meant hikconnect. can you give me some name for external cloud for recordings too? I thought you could have two different ip classes for Lan internet traffic and camera traffic on the 76008 ni i2 8 model

OK, so when you register with Hik-connect you don't actually access the cameras remotely with their IP addresses. The Hik-connect method uses P2P (Peer to Peer) which means that any device added to Hik-connect is connected to Hikvision online server and is streaming to that server. Then when you add the device to the Hik-connect app on your phone and try to live stream the camera remotely you will be drawing the live stream from Hikvision's server, so basically Hik-connect works by linking 3 elements together - 1)The Hikvision Device - 2)The Hik-connect portal - 3)The Hik-connect app

A PoE NVR does technically have two IP ranges, you have the IP range of your local network (e.g. 192.168.1.xxx) which is used to access the NVR from your network and to add cameras that are on the same network. You also have a subnet range, which for Hikvision NVRs is usually 192.168.254.xxx, and this is used for directly connected cameras. The subnet range cannot be accessed from outside the NVR and is basically a network within a network, but this does not apply to your NVR because it is a non-PoE NVR so you can only add cameras that are on the local network range. (192.168.1.xxx)

We rarely recommend using cloud services for recording as they are often very expensive and have big limitations on how much you can record, often only letting you send short event recording clips like motion detection. If we were going to recommend one for a Hikvision system we would say to take a look at a company like Monitor anything with Manything

here it is, so I have to take a NVR with a double network card if I don't want the system's IP cameras to be tracked when a customer connects to the router's SSID. as I thought. thank you
for now the devices that I installed to my customers, work with free hikconnect, unfortunately not everyone wants to spend money :(

Back