01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Darkfighter DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3

End of the road for me, I fear. SADP can now see the camera via both the POE switch or the 12V PSU. But TFTP won't negotiate with it.

I've tried fresh copies of the files in the TFTP folder and also renaming the folder. I've tried setting the server IP to the Hikvision recommended 192.0.0.128 and also to 192.168.1.128 suggested above. SADP only sees the latter IP. And I've tried both recommended names for the firmware file.

I've experimented with keeping the camera powered up and powering it down and up again at different stages. I've tested cables and swapped good cables for good cables.

@StewartM: thanks for posting your screen grabs. The major difference in my setup is that most of my network items were checked by default and I didn't uncheck them whereas you appear to have only IPv4 checked. Do you think this is critical?

I have read somewhere about using Telnet to parachute the firmware into the camera but Hikvision don't mention it and its anyway above my pay grade.

There's always the possibility that it can't be done. There's a Hikvision firmware release note somewhere which warns about not being able to do what I'm trying to do; but I wanted to try.

At least I have heard this afternoon from a high level in tech support that the bug is now being investigated at HQ - which I'm hoping might lead to a patch being sent out.

Last edited:
Using Scott Lamb's TFTP tool I was able to upload the firmware and the camera was set to inactive:
1583433708848.png

To make use of this wonderful tool you will need:
Python 2.7 X86-64
I have not tested it with v3.
A code editor like VSCode or Atom.
Extract all the files to a folder - C:\tftpPy> is what I went with.
Place the digicap.dav firmware in the folder.
1583434300323.png

Open a command prompt.
Navigate to your folder and run:
python.exe hikvision_tftpd.py
1583434459278.png

The camera and PC can be connected to the switch during all of the above.
Next unplug the camera and reconnect it. Provided all is setup correctly the firmware will begin to upload:
1583434638688.png

Don't worry if you get a 'Unexpected Handshake' at the end.
1583434715593.png

Close the command prompt. Unplug the camera and re-connect it.
Give it a minute then load SADP and see if it is detected.
1583434955856.png

Forgot to mention you may need to edit the TFTP server in the code here (line 171):
1583435131208.png

Wow! Great work and congratulations. I couldn't do that in a month of Sundays.

Hi @macman

It's not a model that is regularly available in the UK, all the times we have enquired about it for customers the stock that has been available is in mainland Europe and so we would go by the information that is on the EU portal

The release notes on the EU portal say 5.6.0 is compatible with your model as is v.5.6.14, the notes for v5.6.15 do not mention your model so this may explain the issues you have seen upgrading to those versions.
Funnily enough, I was talking to a senior techie at Hikvision UK yesterday about this camera and he asked me to upgrade it to v5.6.15. I pointed out that 5.6.15 doesn't claim to support the DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3 but he told me to go ahead and do it anyway. Not that it fixed anything but it seems you get different advice depending who you talk to.

I have been talking only this morning to Hikvision tech support about a bug in v5.6.14 [and 5.6.15] which causes the frame rate to dwindle down to 1-4fps soon after enabling Storage->Lite Storage …
Just to follow up on this, I was labouring under the misapprehension that I needed to enable 'Lite Storage' in order to record to the SD card and I was happy to find out yesterday that I don't. It's a separate feature which saves space on SD cards by only recording movement at full frame rate - ie any footage with no movement just plays as a single frame. That would be cool if it didn't also kill the live view in the same way; but since it reduces the live view down to 1-5fps it makes live view unusable - which has to be a bug.

But even with Storage Lite disabled, this camera still can't hold a steady 25fps rate. It constantly fluctuates between 20-25fps whereas all my other cams deliver the full 25fps.

A further update: disabling the camera's Security->Enable Illegal Login Lock function seems to have stabilised the frame rate at 25fps. This doesn't sound logical but no other changes were made.

Hello all,

Old topic...
I correctly update my DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3 from V5.6.15 build 191211 to V5.6.18 build 210428 (B-R-R7-0), by UK download Portal (instead of Netherlands).
Like my 2186G2, I dont use any more my 7ZIP tool to unzip the firmware, but regular and basic windows tool to open the zip file.

Have good day

Attachments

• DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3 V5.6.15.jpg
    DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3 V5.6.15.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 197
  • 2021-10-21 V5.6.18.jpg
    2021-10-21 V5.6.18.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 209
Anyone experienced issues with reading any SD cards in the slot after updating firmware? I did a firmware upgrade from 5.6.16 to 5.6.18 for a DS-2DE3A404IW-DE device (similar to the one the topic belongs) and camera can not read any SD card.

I checked each of them in PC and works fine. Even after reformatting but not in the camera.

I wanted to downgrade firmware to 5.6.16 but WebUI seems doesn't allow this.

Is there a way to downgrade firmware on this device?

Anyone experienced issues with reading any SD cards in the slot after updating firmware? I did a firmware upgrade from 5.6.16 to 5.6.18 for a DS-2DE3A404IW-DE device (similar to the one the topic belongs) and camera can not read any SD card.

I checked each of them in PC and works fine. Even after reformatting but not in the camera.

I wanted to downgrade firmware to 5.6.16 but WebUI seems doesn't allow this.

Is there a way to downgrade firmware on this device?
Can't help as I'm still on 5.6.15. Are you getting a red alert in iVMS-4200 when you go the Storage setup page? If not, the SD card can be seen and may just be empty. Might be worth trying a different brand of SD card. Also try turning off Storage Lite and Illegal Login Lock functions which fixed a weird issue for me. What are the alleged fixes/features in 16 and 18?

Back