01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Referencing a camera on an Hikvision DS-7616NI-I2-16P NVR

JPQ

Hi,
I’m trying to reference a camera which sits on a HIKVision NVR (ds -7616/12 ). The NVR has a single IP address in my network range. However each camera on the NVR seems to have a subnet IP. The NVR seems to have set itself up in this way.

I’m calling (if that’s the right term) from a HIKVision AXhub (not yet supported/released in the UK). It’s a wireless alarm system. Access to the cameras allows snapshot videos to be sent by email in alarm triggered conditions.

The Axhub doesn’t give channel options to call a specific camera on the NVR.

My thoughts on a solution are...
1. Setting up the subnet as part of my network. Hopefully making the camera accessible. This is a bit beyond my current knowledge.

Does anyone have any tips on setting up a “map” for the subnet? Where would this “map” file sit? I have a network switch and a BT infinity hub.

2. take the camera off the NVR so it gets an IP on my network. Then adding the camera as an IP camera on the NVR.

I’m a little reluctant to this in the first instance as everything is stable and running well going through the NVR.

3. adjusting the NVR to give IP’s on the normal network range. Can this be changed on the NVR? So each camera is in my “normal” network range? I have enough spare IP addresses to accommodate.

Any thoughts or ideas greatly appreciated!

Apologies for incorrect terminology, bit new to this. Happy to be corrected and learn.

thanks,

Last edited:
Route 2 would be the most straight forward / likely to succeed :)

Phil is right, route 2 is preferable.
It's a great scenario and I'm going to try some ideas on my side.
Is your NVR close enough to your BT infinity hub to connect them via Ethernet cable?

Back