01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Small IP Outdoor Camera.

SykesIT

I am wanting 2 small IP poe cctv cameras.

These will be to watch my cars on the road next to house and will be about 3m off ground and cars are about 6m away. I am wanting small as thinking of putting inside a bird box to hide them as they will be filming public path and road so dont want bright lights or attention. I was thinking maybe Hikvision bullet camera for size.

But any recommendations welcome.

Thanks

I am wanting 2 small IP poe cctv cameras.

These will be to watch my cars on the road next to house and will be about 3m off ground and cars are about 6m away. I am wanting small as thinking of putting inside a bird box to hide them as they will be filming public path and road so dont want bright lights or attention. I was thinking maybe Hikvision bullet camera for size.

But any recommendations welcome.

Thanks
If it's going inside a box, you could look at the smaller indoor-rated cameras as they should get sufficient protection from the elements.

I squeezed an indoor-rated DS-2DE2204IW-DE3 PTZ camera inside a garden lantern and it's very happy out there.

Make sure you're not breaking any laws. Filming passers-by at a distance where they could be recognised is against the law here. And even when my gate camera films a visitor ringing the bell I have to display a notice warning them that they are on CCTV.

Sorry what do you mean it's against the law. As far as I am aware as long as I display a sign saying that I have CCTV this is ok and that if they put a request in for any footage to be deleted or review any footage within a month of the request.

I know that I may have to justify the CCTV but as my car is parked on a corner it has been hit a few times and my other car broken in to once.

I had a professional company around and they had no quibble about putting the cameras up,

When you said you were hoping to mount the camera in a way which would not attract attention, I assumed you were not planning to stick a CCTV warning sign next to it - which I gather is compulsory if filming outside your property (as is the correct management of any potentially private footage).

Domestic CCTV systems - guidance for people using CCTV

Ok. It was more for asstetics as most cameras are white.

What do you think of.

Hikvision Digital Technology DS-2CD2085FWD-I IP security camera Bullet Ceiling/Wall 3840 x 2160 pixels

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm obviously not visualising your bird box correctly if the colour of the camera makes a difference to anyone except a bird. I haven't any experience of current Hikvision bullets but you'll need to make sure that you choose the right lens for your required FOV. It's pretty small but even at 6in long it might be a squeeze. There are smaller options - have you considered a cube camera?

Just want dark grey or black. But I mainly been looking at Hikvision as told they are best and don't do many in there range in those colours. I still want to keep low profile to wall.

Back