01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Live Stream NVR View to Smart TV - is this possible?

Chocman24

Hello forum members,

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on whether it's possible to view live stream, from my Dahua NVR, to my Smart TV - both of course are on the same LAN. I view live stream on a plugged in monitor & PC, connected directly to the NVR, but this isn't ideal for various reasons. The PC isn't always on and the monitor is out of sight. Many thanks.

Many thanks for your reply @rosswill, I did consider this, but there is a cost and wondered if there was an alternative way as NVR & Smart TV's are all on the same network. Possibily not in which case your solution may be my only option....unless someone, wiser than me, has workaround?

I have seen reports of others managing to install the iVMS s/w onto Android-based Smart TV's. Mine although smart are quite old now, and I was against having to load up the smart hub that can be a slow process, and wait for the app to launch. At least with my setup I can quickly channel hop across to the NVR input and back again.

@rosswill many thanks again. I can see the benefits of the approach you've taken and it's good to know that one transmitter can be paired to multiple receivers.

Hi @Chocman24,

It looks like the way people have success doing this with Dahua is by loading the tinyCam Pro APK onto ShieldTV. You may even be able to load the app straight onto your TV.

As @rosswill has already pointed out, I know that you can load iVMS-4200 (for HikVision) onto other Android-based streaming devices, as discussed in this thread, so the process will be similar - Hikconnect on TV

Back