01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Ghosting / motion blur on latest Hikvision G3 camera series firmware

Did you notice this immediately after updating the firmware?

Have you got a video/picture that you can share to show what you're seeing?

You're the first to mention it, can you share an example image?

Hi Both,

thanks for quick replies, yes noticed straight after updating, I was updating from a few firmware versions back ( V5.5.98_Build190828 ). Problem only seems to occur with event's triggering / high amounts of motion.

It may be an issue caused by the jump in firmware, skipping previous versions.

I would try uploading in steps, so one at a time (for all the firmwares between your previous and current version). Laborious, I know!

Thanks Kyle I'll give it a go and report back, I had presumed they were cumulative updates
Is it safe to apply previously skipped firmware versions? And would I re-upload the current version again as the last upload?

Last edited:
I'd first look at the camera settings to check a couple of things.

First check that the shutter speed is set sufficiently high to minimise motion blur in low light (default is usually 1/25 sec which is too low)

Secondly I'd check that the DNR is not set too high. I had an incidence of a firmware update a couple of years ago where it set the DNR to 100. Raising my arms up and down in front of the camera left a motion trail that looked as though someone was doing a snow angel!

I've always ran at 1/25 previously, tried your recommendation, increased today but with no change.
DNR was set at 50, tried with lower values (<25), still no change.

Back