01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can distributors see through customers cctv?

Markuzrockss

Hi,

For example, an official hikvision distributor sells to resellers and resellers sell to the public.

Can the distributors see customers cameras without login information?

I think hikvision can do this but what about distributors?

Thanks.
Sorry of this sounds like a dumb question. I've always thought about this

Last edited:
Surely they would need to know the cameras activation codes and also verification codes and you'd hope the customer has changed these?

Hi @Sonic007

Hikvision has had issues with code backdoors in the past that have allowed anyone with the right skills to access any camera with the backdoor, but as far as we are aware all of these issues have been resolved and as long as your firmware is up to date and passwords are strong then no unauthorised access by resellers, distributors, or Hikvision themselves should be possible.

If you have no remote access setup then there is definitely no risk of outsiders accessing your system as only those on your local network can even find the cameras. Potentially, if you are using Hikvision's P2P Hik-Connect solution for remote access Hikvision may be able to see your camera streams but this is unlikely because Hikvision requires stream encryption when setting Hik-Connect app so that while the stream passes through their cloud servers it is encrypted with a password only you know and they would need to enter to view the footage.

CCTV brands stake their reputation on the security of their products and they know that there are professionals & hobbyists out there digging through there code for potential vulnerabilities so it is highly unlikely that Hikvision or any brand would put those backdoors in just so they could see your garden or driveway.

Last edited by a moderator:
We as a official distributor of HIKVISION in our country care too much about our customers to do something like that. Believe me, you are first one to think something like that. Besides's , like Sonic said, we would need to know passwords, remember all of the device's SN and we would need to know verification code.

Don't worry about that.

Back