01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Smart events not working with AcuSense DS-7608NXI-I2/4S NVR

PelleGrim

Hello,

For the moment I have the following configuration:
Two cameras:
- DS-2CD2045FWD-I (firmware: V5.6.3build 190923)
- DS-2CD2145FWD-I (firmware: V5.6.2build 190701)
And one NVR:
- DS-7608NXI-I2/4S (firmware: V4.1.18build 200120), so with AcuSense.

All the settings are made on the NVR web interface.
Everything is working fine: motion detection, line crossing, intrusion...

But when I check the "Enable Smart Analysis" in the Smart Events tab, I can configure a line but nothing happens after. There are no events in the log and there are also no blue lines on the image (it is the case when I configure a line without the smart analysis). It is exactly the same with the instrusion area. I need the smart analysis for the human detection.

Do you have any idea of the problem?

Hi @PelleGrim

The AcuSense NVRs are not yet available in the UK, so, unfortunately, we haven't been able to get any hands-on experience with them.

Have you ever had Smart Analysis working?

Make sure to follow everything in the below HikVision YouTube video. Do you have the same problems when trying to set up events on a monitor connected directly on the NVR?
Hikvision Explains - Acusense NVR & Normal camera combination

Which internet browser and operating system are you using on your PC?
Are you trying to set multiple smart events on one camera?

There is a newer firmware available for both cameras, which is worth upgrading to. You can download it here - Hikvision UK Portal Firmware V5.6.5 200316 for G1 Platform Cameras (Non-Fisheye)

Also, which Hikvision have you been using for the firmware upgrades (UK Portal, EU Portal or other)? I notice that the firmware that you're running on the NVR doesn't seem to be available in the UK portal yet, but the firmware version being run on the cameras only appears to be on the UK portal?

You need to enable "Dual VCA" in the camera. Without this you'll only get the pre configured events showing and the timeline will switch to solid blue when you configure your line and click search. Dual VCA embeds the required data into the camera stream for smart search to work.

Thank you for your answers!

The smart analysis has never worked for the two cameras. I only succeeded with an older Hikvision camera (DS-2CD2432F-I) and only when the ONVIF protocole is activated (not the one from Hikvision)

I've seen the video and I don't think I missed a step. The problem is exactly the same if I am directly connected to the NVR or with the web browser.
I'm using Chrome with the IE tab extension, under Windows 10.

I'm only trying to configure one smart event per camera.

I've updated the firmware, but nothing changed. Before that, everything was out of the box. So I can not really reply about your question about the firmware of the NVR. For the camera I used the EU portal (Netherlands).

Dual-VCA is enabled for each camera in the Video/Audio tab.

Here are two screenshots showing the problem. When I don't activate the local smart analysis and, the line becomes blue and the events are detected.
When I do activate the Local smart analysis, nothing changes when I click the Save button but, more important, no events are detected.

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-07-28 233232.png
    Annotation 2020-07-28 233232.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 323
  • Annotation 2020-07-28 233410.png
    Annotation 2020-07-28 233410.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 328
Back