01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How to adjust cameras by one person

AlexanderA

Hello,
I have 14 cameras, working fine but i need to adjust them to get better angle of view. i know i can do it with 2 persons, one at the camera and one at the nvr display giving direction. I was wondering is there a way for one person to do that ?
Thank you for the answers

Hi @AlexanderA

It really depends on the camera models you have, some professional IP cameras may support the ability to connect a small monitor directly to the camera so you can have that in front of you while you adjust the camera, but this is not something that all cameras support and you will need to check the datasheet/manufacturers website for you cameras to see if they do support this function or not. If they don't support this feature then the only way to adjust the camera on your own is to run backwards and forwards between the camera and the monitor.

If you are using Hikvision cameras? you can use the phone app to see what the camera is seeing. I set my cameras from up a ladder with my phone.:)

Thanks, I knew there was something I had forgotten :)

Yes, you can also view remotely as you adjust the camera from the Hik-Connect mobile app, but obviously this does have limitations if the camera is mounted in a remote location with little to no WiFi or 3/4G access.

On my one or two remote cameras I have been known on occasions to connect them temporarily direct to my laptop (these of course are not PoE cameras).

Back