01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

No Two Way Audio - Pyronix/HikVision Cube Camera

sportaholic

Hi everyone.

Two of the cameras connected to by NVR are Pyronix/HikVision Cube cameras which have built in microphone and speaker for two way audios.

If I connect to them directly via a web interface the two way audio works fine. But if I connect to them via the NVR or via the proconnect app, I get audio but no ability to speak back.

Cameras have setup as Audio and Video within configuration.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Attachments

• 63B37A65-4D33-411D-8F45-E4ED1F65C4AA.png
    63B37A65-4D33-411D-8F45-E4ED1F65C4AA.png
    2 MB · Views: 349
I'm getting the same issue on my AcuSense G2 cameras. The screen flashes something really quickly then that fault code appears. I've not got to the bottom of it yet.

I’ve read the issue might be fixed in firmware v4 of the NVR. What version are you using? Im using 3.4.

As I’m new to this I’m not overly confident in upgrading the firmware just in case it requires technical information to be re-entered as part of the re-setup. Everything is working really well apart from a couple of small issues.

I’ve read the issue might be fixed in firmware v4 of the NVR. What version are you using? Im using 3.4.

As I’m new to this I’m not overly confident in upgrading the firmware just in case it requires technical information to be re-entered as part of the re-setup. Everything is working really well apart from a couple of small issues.

My current NVR is an I series so was on V4 when I got it and on the latest version now. I think it's a Hik Connect issue as I managed to get it working using iVMS 4500

I’m guessing HikConnect and ProConnect is probably best off the same app infrastructure.

I did read in the notes for V4 firmware, the ability to use two way audio. But who knows... just very frustrating, as they sold the cube cameras on having that exact ability.

I’m also unable to rename the NVR via the app, all done within the NVR but this doesn’t replicate the name in the app. Annoying as I plan to have multiple NVR’s.

I’m guessing HikConnect and ProConnect is probably best off the same app infrastructure.

I did read in the notes for V4 firmware, the ability to use two way audio. But who knows... just very frustrating, as they sold the cube cameras on having that exact ability.

I’m also unable to rename the NVR via the app, all done within the NVR but this doesn’t replicate the name in the app. Annoying as I plan to have multiple NVR’s.

I’m an installer and Pyronix are pushing Pro Connect and only detail that in the new user manuals for the Enforcer. I still get my customers to use HomeControl for now - the icons are larger and clearer and the app just looks better.

I've just retested mine and the two way audio is now working on Hik Connect. Just thought I'd give it another try as new firmware has been released for the model I was having bother with and I loaded it an hour ago.

So it seems it might have been the firmware?For someone who has never upgraded, and not an installer, is it best done by the installer?

So it seems it might have been the firmware?For someone who has never upgraded, and not an installer, is it best done by the installer?

LOL it take it back - just tried it again and I'm back to the error message - zero consistency.

There may or may not be newer firmware for your cam model. It's relatively straight forward. Once the correct file has been downloaded from the portal, you login to the cameras web page (not the NVRs) and browse to the downloaded file to apply it. But if you've had the system installed by a CCTV installer I'd probably ask them in the first instance so there's no chance of a warranty issue down the line.

I browse the portal regularly and check for updates for the specific models I have myself and those I install. The thing with firmware updates is that as well as adding new features and providing bug fixes, they can also create other bugs that weren't there before..

Ah ok, I checked and no new firmware available for the Hikvision/Pyronix Cube Cameras. I think it must be the NVR, or the App. As I mentioned, when I access the camera directly (via the webrowser and not via the NVR web browser), it all works flawlessly with two way audio. I also read it could be due to ports etc, and it trying to pass the audio via the NVR - which overcomplicates things for me.

hi Everyone, are you able to figure out how to fix 2way on a cube camera.
i have a same problem 2way communication works perfect on web interface but hik-connect does not work.

Ah ok, I checked and no new firmware available for the Hikvision/Pyronix Cube Cameras. I think it must be the NVR, or the App. As I mentioned, when I access the camera directly (via the webrowser and not via the NVR web browser), it all works flawlessly with two way audio. I also read it could be due to ports etc, and it trying to pass the audio via the NVR - which overcomplicates things for me.
any luck achieving 2 way through mobile app

Managed to fix this via changing the camera setting on the NVR. Change it to audio and visual in everywhere you see the option. Have mine now working.

Back