01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Two way audio not working

wisdom-17

Hi all,

I recently had the following set up installed:

• Acusense DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL(2.8mm) x2
  • Colorvu DS-2CD2347G1-LU(2.8mm) x2
  • Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-K2/8P
I have updated the firmware for the NVR and cameras to the latest available versions. I have configured the cameras to play and save audio from all four cameras, this is working as expected.

However, I can't seem to get the two-way audio working. I am using the Hik Connect app (version 4.7.1.0818). When I select the microphone icon in the live view for a given camera, it shows the screen below, I then speak but no audio is played through the camera.

Appreciate any guidance
photo_2020-09-06_10-37-58.jpg

Hi @wisdom-17

I will ask Hikvision support about this and get back to you tomorrow with an update.

I had same issue and it began working when updating the AcuSense cameras to version 5.5.135. That version caused other issues and was subsequently removed by Hikvision. On downgrading back to 5.5.134 the problem returned.

Your ColorVu cameras won't support 2 way audio as they only have a microphone and no speaker.

Reactions: Dan
Hi @wisdom-17

I will ask Hikvision support about this and get back to you tomorrow with an update.

Thanks Dan, appreciated.

I had same issue and it began working when updating the AcuSense cameras to version 5.5.135. That version caused other issues and was subsequently removed by Hikvision. On downgrading back to 5.5.134 the problem returned.

Your ColorVu cameras won't support 2 way audio as they only have a microphone and no speaker.

That makes sense as the firmware on both of my Acusense is V5.5.134 build 200430

Hi @wisdom-17

I didn't get a very useful response from Hik support, but in relation to @JB1970 comment, Hik support did mention the other day that there is meant to be a new AcuSense camera firmware released this week so hopefully that will be an updated/repaired version of the v5.5.135 firmware that did support 2-way audio.

I will post here and create a new G3 firmware thread when it is officially released.

Hi @wisdom-17

We have received a test version of the new firmware update which we have shared directly with some of our own customers experiencing issues with the AcuSense cameras, but Hikvision support has asked us not to share this version publicly yet as like with the v135 firmware it may cause other issues and may get pulled before going public.

I chased Hikvision support this morning for an update on when this new version would go live on the download portal or Hik website and they said they would chase up the team at HQ that manage the firmware updates to get it made public as soon as possible, we will update the forum when we get confirmation that it is out in the open.

Hi @wisdom-17

We have received a test version of the new firmware update which we have shared directly with some of our own customers experiencing issues with the AcuSense cameras, but Hikvision support has asked us not to share this version publicly yet as like with the v135 firmware it may cause other issues and may get pulled before going public.

I chased Hikvision support this morning for an update on when this new version would go live on the download portal or Hik website and they said they would chase up the team at HQ that manage the firmware updates to get it made public as soon as possible, we will update the forum when we get confirmation that it is out in the open.

I've just noticed a new version of the 4.40.016 I series NVR firmware to specifically address the 2 way audio issues on the G2 AcuSense through HikConnect. I've not tried it yet....

"I series NVR firmware with two way audio failed issue on Hik-Connect for Acusense camera"

I've just noticed a new version of the 4.40.016 I series NVR firmware to specifically address the 2 way audio issues on the G2 AcuSense through HikConnect. I've not tried it yet....

"I series NVR firmware with two way audio failed issue on Hik-Connect for Acusense camera"

Thanks for the update.

Do you know if this firmware will work on my NVR:

Thanks for the update.

Do you know if this firmware will work on my NVR:

No unfortunately not - the K series uses different firmware. I’d assumed the issue was with the camera firmware rather than NVR.

I’ve loaded the firmware and it no longer displays an error code when selecting the microphone and picking IP camera as the source. I’ll try it properly tomorrow if I get chance.

Back