01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Indoor monitor device not staying connected to Server

rowlo

I have a Hikvision setup for my electronic gate, where the camera on the gate is connected directly to a monitor indoors. The monitor is then connected to our wifi, which enables me to connect to Hik-Connect to receive calls from the gate over my phone. At least this is what should happen.

However at least every second day, the monitor disconnects from the server and i need to do a reboot of the device for it to reconnect. It will say it is connected to the Wifi, but the only thing that works is a reboot. This works fine when im at home to do it regularly, but as you'd imagne is not sustainable.

My monitor is a DS-KH6320-WTE1, the server it connects to is litedev.eu.ezvizlife, and the latest build on the device is V2.0.22 build 19080. Really need help in figuring this out if anyone has ideas.

Hi @rowlo

Did you update to that v2.0.22 firmware or did the indoor station come with that version pre-installed? If you installed it can you provide a link to where you downloaded it from?

Hi,

As far as I know it came pre-installed, I havent updated anything on it since it was installed 6 months ago.

How do I update the firmware on it?

To be honest I’m not sure if it’ll work as when the monitor was installed it would have had the latest firmware but this issue has been there since the very start.

Are there any particular settings that I can look out for? Feels strange that a device reboot is needed so regularly.

There are lots of long-standing issues with Hikvision products that just out of the blue can be resolved by firmware updates so it is always a good idea to be running the latest version.

To update the firmware you will need to open iVMS-4200 and go to the indoor station's Remote Configuration menu, once there you need to go to System > System Maintenance and load in the downloaded firmware file before starting the update.

The below thread includes the most common things that may be stopping the indoor station from staying connected to Hik-Connect:

Back