01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

CCTV NVR problem - after restoring my settings

Ironside

I seem to have messed things up with my CCTV system. Some of my cameras kept going off for some reason. I have been viewing all my cameras using iVMS 4200. I thought I would restore the settings and see if that made any difference. None of the cameras are working now. I can see my device listed but it's off-line resource usage status. What have I done?

Hi @Ironside

My guess is that it's due to the network settings on each of your NVR's channels being reset to the defaults, meaning they need to be adjusted to pick up each camera again.

• If the camera that should be there is directly connected one of the NVR's PoE ports, make sure that 'Plug & Play' is selected as the adding method, and re-enter the password.
  • If it's connected remotely across the network, make sure that 'Manual' is selected and that the IP address matches that on the camera.
    You can use the SADP tool on a PC on the same network to scan for the cameras and check each IP address.
You've probably also reset your NVR's IP address, which is why it's showing as offline in iVMS-4200. Check the network settings for the NVR in the SADP tool, and make sure all the network settings are the same as before, it should then show as online again.

This post explains how to check the NVR's network settings are all correct - How to find a Hikvision NVR or camera on your network

Can this be done by logging into iVMS 4200, or do I have two connect directly to my NVR?

If the NVR is online in Hik-Connect, then you should be able to adjust network settings in iVMS-4200 by clicking the 'Remote Configuration' cog icon for the NVR in Device Management, and then go to: [System > Camera Management > IP camera]
Then, click 'Modify' for each channel.
Directly connecting to your NVR in a web browser or via the local GUI (directly connected monitor) is usually preferable, though.

If it's offline, you won't be able to adjust anything in iVMS-4200 as the NVR is unreachable without the SADP tool, which is the quickest way to adjust the network settings on the NVR too, but you can also do this on the local GUI.

The video helps, thanks :)

You just need to set all of the network settings on the NVR again - at the moment, they are set to the factory defaults rather than the correct ones for your network

The IP address is fine, it must be on your LAN's range despite being the Hikvision default, as the NVR is online.
The Gateway needs to be set you whatever your router's IP address is - this is likely what's causing the issues (you need to tell iVMS-4200 where the router that the NVR is connected to is).

See this guide for finding out what your gateway is:

You'll need to enter your password in SADP for any of these changes to be saved, too.

For the verification code issue, you need to set this verification code up yourself directly on the NVR by going to its Platform Access page in Advanced Network Settings (either Internet Explorer or the direct interface is fine) - Dan's post here explains how to do this and then get the NVR added to Hik-Connect:

Yeah, I just put the monitor on that is connected to the NVR & It is asking for my password. If I remember rightly, is this going to be admin and 12345? The problem I have got is I am disabled so I've got to instruct somebody else to do it for me.

The password might be 12345, that's Hikvision's old default password.
If it isn't, it's the password that you will have set during the initial setup of the NVR (and the one you use to add the NVR to iVMS-4200).

Okay, I think we are getting somewhere, albeit slowly. I managed to get into the system with the correct password. All I need to do now is configure the cameras, which have all got yellow exclamation triangles next to them.

OK great, it looks like most of the cameras are directly connected to the NVR from the devices shown in your SADP table, so you should just need to do this:
  • If the camera that should be there is directly connected one of the NVR's PoE ports, make sure that 'Plug & Play' is selected as the adding method, and re-enter the password.

If the camera that you can see in SADP should be visible on your NVR too, then you'll need to do this:
  • If it's connected remotely across the network, make sure that 'Manual' is selected and that the IP address matches that on the camera.
    You can use the SADP tool on a PC on the same network to scan for the cameras and check each IP address.

Stupid question. I'm looking in SADP and the gateway for the NVR is all zeros. Shouldn't that be 192.1 68.1.254?

It's whatever your router's IP address is, but that sounds like it could probably be right :)
See this guide for finding out what your gateway is:

Okay, I think I'm going to need to uninstall all the cameras and literally try and get this box back to how it was when I unpacked it. I'm not going anywhere at the moment. I would have thought that if I have put the box back to default than it would have automatically found the cameras.

In SADP, do I need to have the "enable HIK-connect " box checked?

Okay, still not really getting anywhere. I have reset the box back to factory settings. I have unplugged all the cameras and then gone through the setup process again. Then I plug in the camera, which appears to be found because the lights come on. But no picture appears on the screen. I have taken a photo of the screen and the camera settings.
View attachment P1020607.JPG
View attachment P1020608.JPG

Back