01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Problems after factory reset

Ironside

I have been having all sorts of problems in the last couple of days, so I thought the easier solution would be to perform a factory default reset. I found a really good YouTube video, which told you exactly how to do. I entered my new password and went through all the different stages. However, it still can't fire my cameras. I've taken a screenshot of the "cameras" section. I'm sure it's got something to do with the IP address. However, I'm just not sure how to change. Although even know what to change it to you. I've got one IP camera that's still in the box, so I know what it's IP address should be. I've got SADP Tool installed but that isn't really much help if you don't know what you're looking at.

I've also got iVMS 4200 which I have been using to view my cameras on other PCs on the network.

If anybody could offer some advice that I will be very grateful. In the meantime, I took a couple of photos.

CCTV2-min.jpg
CCTV-min.jpg

Hi @Ironside

Are all your cameras directly connected to the PoE ports on the NVR?
Did you hard reset the cameras as well as the NVR or just the NVR?

I have connected the cameras directly to the NVR. Oh, no, I didn't hard reset any of the cameras only factory default, the NVR

ok, then that is likely the issue.

When you first set up the system and connected the cameras to the NVR they would have been activated with the NVRs activation password.

So if you have hard reset the NVR and reactivated it with a new password that now means that the NVR doesn't recognise the password that the cameras were initially activated with and so you will need to hard reset each camera and reconnect it to the NVR so it is activated with the new password.

Try this with one camera first and see if this solves the problem.

I imagine I'll find the answer on Google somewhere, I'll have a look.

Okay, I found how to factory reset one of the dome cameras which I happen to have. However, I have a couple of the other bullet type cameras that don't appear to have any visible reset buttons on them.

What are the model numbers for the bullet cameras? Should be on the camera's label.

Ok, these are both HiLook/HiWatch models which don't appear to have MicroSD card slots which is usually where you find the reset button, this means the only way to reset these cameras will be to arrange a password reset with your original camera supplier.

Back