01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Choosing a Hikvision IP video door phone?

ste92

Hi everyone, I ask for help from someone who knows about hikvision ip video intercoms. there are many models and I don't understand the difference, I need a model all managed in the ip system. I am attaching some models, could you tell me the difference?

some have my and 1 others don't I don't understand
what does flush mean?

Hi @ste92

The confusion is understandable, the -IME1 and non-IME1 models would appear to simply be a mistake on the Hik website as they both use the same datasheet with the non-IME1 one actually saying IME1 on the datasheet. As far as we are aware the non-IME1 model does not exist.

Flush means the unit is designed for Flush/Inlayed mounting and Surface means it is mounted to and sticks out from a flat surface, see the Quick Start guide to see what these 2 options look like. (middle row on the guide shows flush mounting and the bottom row shows surface mounting)

Finally, the top model you have linked to (-IME1/S) is a stainless steel version of the intercom for better vandal protection. Any model with /S in the product code is a stainless steel model, see the full range here

sorry for an information, but is it necessary for you tablet for video intercom kd 8003? or if I use an android tablet is the same thing?

The 2nd Gen Modular Intercom does require the indoor stations for setup and connection to Hik-Connect on mobile devices, but the Villa door stations can be added directly to Hik-Connect without the indoor station - see the latest intercom firmware release notes that explain this.

The 2nd Gen Modular Intercom does require the indoor stations for setup and connection to Hik-Connect on mobile devices, but the Villa door stations can be added directly to Hik-Connect without the indoor station - see the latest intercom firmware release notes that explain this.
sorry i still disturb you, model DS-KV6113-WPE1 could also work without monitor? could you tell me the latest firmware link for DS-KV6113-WPE1 model and DS-KD8003-IME1 model?

Hi @ste92

You are correct that on the latest firmware for the Hikvision intercoms it is possible to set them up without the indoor station.

With theKD8003 we would recommend that you update to the big v2.2.3 firmware first if you haven't already because if you look at the release notes you will see this has some substantial changes that will also require you to restore the device and setup from scratch.

After you have updated to this version you can then step up to v2.2.13

For the KV6113 you need to update to v2.1.5 which is a special firmware that allows you to add the intercom directly to Hik-Connect.

Hi @ste92

You are correct that on the latest firmware for the Hikvision intercoms it is possible to set them up without the indoor station.

With theKD8003 we would recommend that you update to the big v2.2.3 firmware first if you haven't already because if you look at the release notes you will see this has some substantial changes that will also require you to restore the device and setup from scratch.

For the KV6113 you need to update to v2.1.5 which is a special firmware that allows you to add the intercom directly to Hik-Connect.
thank you so much! so to use the KD8003 without an internal monitor, do I have to update it to the latest firmware? on the release I don't find that they say this information

Yeah I think you are right, looking at the release notes the villa intercom/doorbell (KV6113) does support direct connection to Hik-Connect but the modular 8003 intercom does still require the indoor station.

Yeah I think you are right, looking at the release notes the villa intercom/doorbell (KV6113) does support direct connection to Hik-Connect but the modular 8003 intercom does still require the indoor station.
ah ok so for kd-8003 you need a monitor, I thought I could do without..

hi, i updated my kv 6113 to the version as you suggested, i activated hikconnnect and connected in wifi but it always says device offline when i add it to hikconnect, do you need to do network configurations? Thank You very much!

Hi @ste92

We recommend that you enable Hik-Connect in the platform access menu for the intercom and if offered set an encryption key/password, then you need to go to the Hik-Connect portal and login with the account details you use to login to the app. Once logged in you can then add the device to Hik-Connect using the serial number, doing it this way means the connection between Hik-Connect on the device and the Hik-Connect cloud is made and the device should then appear as online.

Hi @ste92

Hello ! Can I set up motion recording of KD-8003? If so, which registrar should I use?

Hi @sergey

I don't understand what you mean by 'registrar'? Usually, if you want to record the KD8003 to an NVR using motion you just need to enable motion detection in the event settings of the NVR and then set the record schedule for the channel the intercom is connected to motion recording.

Hi @sergey

I don't understand what you mean by 'registrar'? Usually, if you want to record the KD8003 to an NVR using motion you just need to enable motion detection in the event settings of the NVR and then set the record schedule for the channel the intercom is connected to motion recording.
NVR

Hi @sergey

at the moment there is no nvr, only IVMS-4200, Is it possible to organize a recording with such a set? And is it possible on the FTP server to record on motion detection?

Ok, after doing some digging in the Hikvision documents it would appear that the 8003 Intercom does support FTP, but only stills captured when the intercom button is pressed can be sent by FTP. For recording either continuously or by motion, the intercom has to be linked to an NVR.

I think it's possible to record 8003 video to your PC via iVMS-4200 and without an NVR if you set up a storage server on a separate partition of your hard drive and after configuring it as the storage destination, choose "storage on the computer" and maybe it works.

Хорошо, после некоторого покопания в документах Hikvision может показаться, что 8003 Intercom действительно поддерживает FTP, но только кадры, снятые при нажатии кнопки внутренней связи, могут быть отправлены по FTP. Для непрерывной записи или записи по движению домофон должен быть подключен к сетевому видеорегистратору.
непрерывная запись по ftp - нормально, обнаружение движения не работает ((((

Ok, after doing some digging in the Hikvision documents it would appear that the 8003 Intercom does support FTP, but only stills captured when the intercom button is pressed can be sent by FTP. For recording either continuously or by motion, the intercom has to be linked to an NVR.
continuous recording on ftp is fine, motion detection fails ((((

I think it's possible to record 8003 video to your PC via iVMS-4200 and without an NVR if you set up a storage server on a separate partition of your hard drive and after configuring it as the storage destination, choose "storage on the computer" and maybe it works.
tried but failed

Back