01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Trying to update the firmware on my DS-2CD2546G2 camera?

ardsar

Hi,

Ive just upgraded one of my cameras to the 2CD2546G2.

Current version is 5.5.135 200608. Im trying to upgrade to the 5.5.150 200927, but i get a firmware mismatch error. I notice that this variant was not on the change list........

Do i therefore have the latest firmware?

I have been trying the following firmware....

Solution
Hi @ardsar

Yes, currently some of the G2 models which are not on the v5.5.150 release notes will only support up to v5.5.135

We think this will probably only be for this latest version and future firmware will likely support all the G2 models, but Hikvision are impossible to predict so if they do decide to split G3 firmware family into 2 different firmwares for different models in the G2 range we will post an explanation to the forum to help people understand which firmware goes with which cameras.
Hi @ardsar

Yes, currently some of the G2 models which are not on the v5.5.150 release notes will only support up to v5.5.135

We think this will probably only be for this latest version and future firmware will likely support all the G2 models, but Hikvision are impossible to predict so if they do decide to split G3 firmware family into 2 different firmwares for different models in the G2 range we will post an explanation to the forum to help people understand which firmware goes with which cameras.

Upvote 1
Solution
sorry, i also have to update the model ds-2cd2546G2-IS 4 Mp, is the link above okay? currently the version on the cam is 5.5.135_200610
thank you so much!

Upvote 0
Hi @ste92

As my response says above, the 2546G2 model is not on the release notes for the v5.5.150 firmware so we believe the latest firmware currently for this model is the v5.5.135 you are currently running. You can try updating to v150 but you will likely see the same error that is highlighted above.

Upvote 0
thank you
now I understand why I can't find the model in here
or try asking hikvision? they won't even answer me

Reactions: Dan
Upvote 0
Back