01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Critical alerts hik connect

Paulwiggie

Hik connect was updated today to enable critical alerts. Where do I enable and disable this feature on hik connect?

Solution
I think it depends on which device you're using, as it will be within the Hik-Connect notification settings on your phone's settings menu, rather than in the app's.
It will override your devices' silent/do not disturb mode and send you audible push notifications at all times.

On Apple iOS devices it is in Settings > Hik-Connect > Notifications:

1617266940819.png
1617266981869.png
1617267141318.png
I think it depends on which device you're using, as it will be within the Hik-Connect notification settings on your phone's settings menu, rather than in the app's.
It will override your devices' silent/do not disturb mode and send you audible push notifications at all times.

On Apple iOS devices it is in Settings > Hik-Connect > Notifications:

1617266940819.png
1617266981869.png
1617267141318.png

Attachments

• 1617266957422.png
    1617266957422.png
    164.4 KB · Views: 178
  • 1617267045279.png
    1617267045279.png
    167.4 KB · Views: 216
Upvote 0
Solution
Out of interest what does it define as a critical alert? My fridge has no beer remaining and I've not received a notification (other than via my wife's post it note on the door)

Upvote 0
At least you're getting a posit note!

I've got the option enabled currently with DND switched on, and it's all of the event notifications that are still coming through.
I'm not getting any sound with them though, but this is probably due to something in my settings.

Upvote 0
At least you're getting a posit note!

I've got the option enabled currently with DND switched on, and it's all of the event notifications that are still coming through.
I'm not getting any sound with them though, but this is probably something due to something in my settings.
Ahh Ok. Thats a good option in general then if its a simple DND override for the notifications. I use DND on a night and only have a few phone numbers that can get through to me. I get so few false alerts with the AcuSense that I'd like to receive them.

Upvote 0
Yeah, that's what it looks like it is - definitely nice to have the option to override if you can trust your alerts.

No vibrating on notifications in DND either, just a silent lock screen notification.
With silent mode on, and DND turned off, it will vibrate as normal, but no sound.

Upvote 0
I have an iPhone XS Max and since this update Hik-Connect o nly works on WiFi. If I try and use the app on 4g it starts to open and crashes a second a so in. Warning to other people, and my phones is on the latest software

Upvote 0
Mine was doing that yesterday while at work, thought it was a blip on my phone, interesting others have the same issue.

Upvote 0
Tried to recreate that issue on my (iPhone X) phone. Closed the app fully, switched off WiFi and restarted the app. Mine works fine with no issues. I did once have a similar issue with a crash on startup that I posted about on this forum. When that happened I just deleted and reinstalled the app and everything was working normally again. Worth a try....

Upvote 0
Thanks. Tried deleting the app and re installed. Unfortunately for me didn’t resolve it.

Upvote 0
is it now possible then to select custom ringtones for an incoming call for example?
i have android , anyone ? where can i enable it? :)

Upvote 0
is it now possible then to select custom ringtones for an incoming call for example?
No I think it's solely to override your don not disturb settings. I have critical alerts enabled and have my phone set to do not disturb between 10PM and 7AM. My wife went out for a run this morning just after 6AM......silence. I've not bothered to look into it further as yet so may be something amiss with my phone setup.

Upvote 0
ah ok, too bad, then still no custom ringtones :( i hate that default ringtone sound

Upvote 0
Back