01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Configuring cameras - not visible in SADP

Newbie123

System is as follows;

DS-7604NI-E1/4P - 4 port NVR with 2 TB harddrive
DS-2CD2142FWD-I 4mp camera (4 cameras - 1 x 4mm, 3 x 6mm)

Setting up a new system for my brother. Before the cameras where installed outside the house, they were connected to the NVR and recognised/working. Since being attached to the wall (and things being rebooted etc.), only one camera is visible.

The cameras are receiving power (LED's visible in the dark).

Tried resetting the NVR, but no joy.

I've changed my router config (TalkTalk) to have the same network subnet as the DVR (255.255.255.0) but no difference, SDAP will only see the NVR and not the cameras. The laptop I'm running SDAP is connected to the router via WiFi. Tried SDAP on 2 different laptops.

SDAP tool only showing NVR:

IMG-20170419-WA0014.jpg

Error displayed for cameras not working

IMG-20170419-WA0015.jpg

1 camera working

IMG-20170419-WA0016.jpg

All cameras receiving power

IMG-20170419-WA0017.jpg

Can't help, but I have the same problem. I have emailed Technical Support and if they come up with an answer, I'll let you know unless someone else can help.

SADP doesn't show cameras direct-connected to the NVR.
Are you confident about your cables?
What happens if you move one of the not working cameras to the working location?
Or bring them back to the NVR and test them with a short bought cable?

I have received a reply, but unfortunately hasn't solved my problem. Perhaps you would like to try to see if I'm doing anything wrong. Connect your computers LAN port to a camera port on NVR and configure a static ip address on your computer to the same as the cameras, making sure it doesn't conflict with NVR/camera (mine was 192.168.254.xxx). Open up SADP tool and you should be able to see your cameras. Open a web browser and type an ip address of a camera into the address bar, enter details and navigate to configuration - system - maintenance - default. The camera will reboot and take password from the NVR. However, I can only log into one of my working cameras, the rest reject username/password, so I will have to contact them again. I'm guessing a password reset will be required. Here's a copy of the email;

It seems as if this is a password issue, the easiest way to resolve this issue is by plugging the laptops LAN to a camera port on the back of the recorder.
Once you do this then try to open up SADP to see if you can find all the cameras on the program.
If you can configure your IPV4 address of the computer to be on the same range as the cameras.
Here's a link on how to change this address: How to Assign a Static IP Address in Windows 7, 8, 10, XP, or Vista

Once you have done this insert the IP address onto the address bar of a search engine.
Then dial into the camera via the browser inserting the correct credentials.
Then go to configuration, system, maintenance , default. Once done the camera will turn off then come back on.
It will take the user and password from the recorder and come back online.

Hi There, I have exactly the same system & problem. All 4 cameras were working for 2 weeks without been connected to my router. Two days ago I ran and connected cable from my broadband router. On reboot cameras "displayed NO LINK and only the NVR visible in SADP. Get same error message as you re username and password. Also when I change camera password to the same as the NVR admin password the error message changes to "The Network is unreachable". Have tried all various IP configs. Think there is some sort of camera password conflict and Cameras are locked out and therefore need to be reset. This is not a cable problem as all 4 cameras were working and would not all go down at the same time. The cameras are not talking to the NVR due to some sort of security breach! If I can get a fix I will get back to you.

You need to connect your laptop/computer LAN port to a camera port on the NVR and configure the adapter to use the the same network as your cameras for SADP to see them (see post 4). I had to reset all the passwords on my cameras to get them working again.

You need to connect your laptop/computer LAN port to a camera port on the NVR and configure the adapter to use the the same network as your cameras for SADP to see them (see post 4). I had to reset all the passwords on my cameras to get them working again.

Thanks for that, much appreciated. Did connect my PC to one of the camera ports and could see the other 3 cameras (SADP) (have 4 cameras) that were still connected. Tried to change the Passwords for these 3 cameras but it failed, that is system would not allow the change. Also, noticed that the IP addresses showing up on my NVR monitor were different to those now showing in the SADP software. Can at least now see the serial numbers of the cameras. Looks like the there is no communication between the cameras and the NVR probably due to some sort of security breach. Saw on YouTube that you can manually reset the cameras by accessing a reset button inside camera. Do not want to do that incase I violate the cameras guarantees.

You can reset the passwords using SADP

http://overseas.hikvision.com/ueditor/net/upload/2015-12-24/b7d67cfb-e66d-477a-ae71-ec751d86da85.pdf

Follow the instructions depending on which cameras you have and email Tech Support

Have carried out that procedure and sent the QR codes for my 4 cameras off to tech support. Hopefully I will get something back tomorrow. Your assistance much appreciated. Will revert once I have carried out the password reset procedure.
Regards,
Unsionn

Just see that you are on older firmware...3.4.92 is the newest. Maybe an upgrade will help if there is a firmware problem.

If you enable the "virtual host" function onto the nvr, you then have direct access to all the cameras connected. Just add an :6500x to your nvr's ip-adress (x=1 for cam 1, 2 for cam 2...). After that there is no need to connect to the backwards lan ports to reach the cameras because of the other ip range - the nvr routes you directly to the cameras webinterface.

Just see that you are on older firmware...3.4.92 is the newest. Maybe an upgrade will help if there is a firmware problem.

If you enable the "virtual host" function onto the nvr, you then have direct access to all the cameras connected. Just add an :6500x to your nvr's ip-adress (x=1 for cam 1, 2 for cam 2...). After that there is no need to connect to the backwards lan ports to reach the cameras because of the other ip range - the nvr routes you directly to the cameras webinterface.

Hi There:
Many thanks for that info will give it a go later. All firmware etc is up to date.
Thankfully all is now sorted...tech support had to log into my PC (Teamviewer) and reset all the Passwords on the 4 IP cameras directly themselves, as the codes I got back from them did not work. Thanks to all here for their assistance. Much appreciated.
Saluti
Unsionn (Vince)

Back