01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect New phone and now my Hik Connect app can not download

Hippyer

Hi, I bought a new Samsung phone and used Samsung switch app to copy over all my old data. The hik connect app installed and I've updated it.

I receive a 'download failed.:250255' error each time I try to download a clip. I've tried my Mrs phone and it downloads without problem.

I can live view the cameras fine. Any ideas why I'm having this problem? I have DS-7604NI-K1-4P(B).

Hi @Hippyer

Are you using version 4.16.1.0714 of the app, which is only available on Hikvision's App Store?

Also, is it the DS-7604NI-K1-4P(B) that's been added to Hik-Connect, or just cameras individually?

Hi, yes it is 4.16.1.0714 and I have to click the nvr model number within the app to see the cameras appear.

OK thanks, and you can playback recordings fine directly on the NVR or in a web browser?
Also, which is the main Hik-Connect account for the NVR? (Which are you sharing the NVR to other accounts from?)

Try unbinding it from your Hik-Connect account (pressing 'Add Device' and then scanning the NVR's QR code again should let you do this),
And then re-add it via the serial number in the Hik-Connect portal, explained from step 2 here:

OK thanks, and you can playback recordings fine directly on the NVR or in a web browser?
Also, which is the main Hik-Connect account for the NVR? (Which are you sharing the NVR to other accounts from?)

Try unbinding it from your Hik-Connect account (pressing 'Add Device' and then scanning the NVR's QR code again should let you do this),
And then re-add it via the serial number in the Hik-Connect portal, explained from step 2 here:
Yes. I can play back video fine using the monitor attached to the nvr and also the hik connect app. I just can't download them (from hik connect).

The main hik connect app will be my old phone, which I intend to factory reset and give to my daughter once I have everything sorted out.

I tried adding a device and scanning the qr code from the monitor attached to the nvr (settings > network > platform access). It said, 'device added', but download still fails on app.

I see a clickable 'unbind' option here. I haven't clicked it, as I'm unsure how to bind it again afterwards.

Now my wife's app is saying

No more connections are allowed for this device. Please stop one or more connections and try again.

Please help.

Try the 'unbind' option (binding it again just means adding it to your Hik-Connect account again), which will remove it from everybody's phone / account, as it seems to be added to too many. This should help too if the unbind option isn't working:

Then, add it again to your account on your phone, which will make you the admin account (using the guide in my last post).

From your account, you should then be able to share it with your wife and anybody else again, using these instructions:
Sharing Device to Others in Hik-Connect

thanks. I'm stuck at the username and password for the unbinding process. I see a username in my hikconnect app > account management. can i reset the password somehow?

now i dont know the login credentials for logging in to the nvr IP address in a web browser. This is frustrating. Any advise please?

Now on my NVR monitor I have only two out of three cameras displaying. I recall this happening when they were being installed. I believe the solution my installer said was lowering the resolution to match the monitor (its an oldish monitor), but I tried all the available resolution options in settings > system > general and it hasn't brought back use of all three cameras.

I'd like to resolve this myself so that I know what I'm doing should I ever have to go through this again. I really need help going through it though if would be so kind to continue to assist Kyle?

I'm stuck at the 'In a web browser' part of step 1. How would I go about finding the credentials or resetting them to default? Whatever they may be?

Back