01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware New HikVision Firmware for -I NVRs - new V4.51.005

venturis

Thanks to @dazulrich for pointing out the new firmware for -I NVR's on Hikvision's International site. As @Dan pointed out it is not available on the Download Portal.

The new version is numbered V4.51.005.

Loaded this morning on my 7608NI-I2/8P previously running V4.50.00 via the NVR web interface. First reboot needed to log into the NVR locally as it was not accepting my username/password on the web interface. After logging in locally at the box it was working on the web interface again.

After a quick check, all seems to be working. Most notable change is that the NVR web interface seems to undergone a major facelift.

The interface appears to be a lot snappier than previously.

Jumped as well. Working ok so far.
Same here re web login. Thanks for heads up, i think I'd gone crazy otherwise.
New icons on web. Looks good. Not sure what else is new.
Edit. Webinterface doesn't like my latest Firefox. Between not allowing login with same credentials that work in chrome, to not displaying the the top right hand side in the tool bar. Logout, help etc..

Last edited:
Clear your browser cache and try again. I had some issues initially which were all resolved by clearing the cache.

Noticed that some of the redesigned interface like user and camera management isn't rendering correctly in chrome on android (or any other mobile browser).
Can't get to the camera url.. or do any other action.

It's worth running the web interface with content blockers and other add-ins disabled. I found a couple of glitches in Chrome that were resolved by running in "Incognito Mode". It could be some of your content blockers are affecting the rendering of the interface.

I've tried in Chrome and Edge on my desktop and my iPad and all appear to work as expected.

Last edited:
Using desktop mode option in the mobile brower renders those screens "correctly". at least i can see the whole table and can access the cam urls.

Thanks for the advance warning about login. Is that something that will be fed back to Hikvision? Seems a serious bug, which would be a problem if trying to remotely update an NVR that is only accessed via the web interface.

Last edited:
I did some tests on a pair of I series NVRs today - a 7616 and a 7608.
The first one I did the 7616 had no issues logging in directly from the web interface right after the upgrade.

The second - the 7608 however would not login - just presented a wrong password prompt.
I then cleared the browser cache and login worked just fine on this one as well.

Updated my 7608 here and, with the exception of the above login error (fixed just by restarting my browser) all looks good. New UI definitely freshened things up a bit.

Thanks guys for testing this new firmware and providing your feedback.

The v4.51.005 firmware is now available on the UK Download Portal

Reactions: dsa
It works properly with Safari now if you're a Mac user. Live View & Playback work and preview images are visible in the event settings/camera settings pages. All the tabs - Live, Playback, Picture, Application and Configuration are there and functional.

Last edited:
Hi people,

I use HIK Nvr model DS-7608NI-I2 (non POE). My current firmware is V4.40.016 build 200803. Can I upgrade directly from this current fw to the V4.51.005 or step by step? What you sugest?

Hi people,

I use HIK Nvr model DS-7608NI-I2 (non POE). My current firmware is V4.40.016 build 200803. Can I upgrade directly from this current fw to the V4.51.005 or step by step? What you sugest?
You'll be fine to jump straight to 4.51.005. If you were on older firmware (4.22 for example), I'd advise to go through any 4.40 version, but as you're already on 4.40.016 it'll be ok.

Reactions: dsa
I have a 7616NI-I2 /16P, yesterday upgraded from 4.50.00 to the new 4.51.005, no longer works in chrome, firefox or IE, just get blank log in page, works in Edge but the update firmware option is greyed out, I would like to downgrade back to 4.50 if possible, unless anybody can help with getting log in page working.

Worked before using the IE tab, but no longer, always had trouble getting live view to work, I have upgraded at least a couple of times with just the problem with live view not working straight off, this plugin local services thing what does it do, seems to make no difference, Always has the option to download on top even after downloaded and installed many times.

I can log in using Chrome in Incognito Mode

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Phil

"Then, BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE, access the downloaded file and run it."

Thats what I have been doing

Windows settings shows 1.0.0.17 installed

Had the same trouble with my 7608 before with this localservices took a lot of faffing around to get it to work

Updated yesterday (from 4.40.x) and all working fine so far.
Bonus: it fixed a long-standing issue viewing 3rd party RTSP cameras which would not work in liveview or hikConnect.

Now sorted.

I've done some testing on a 7616 NI-I2, with a DS2CD4A26FWD-IZS/P everything works as normal you can store/retrieve ANPR info and change settings, with a DS-2CD7A26G0/P (its replacement) that's not overly compatible with NVRs which seams bizarre, you get no functionality at all either web based or GUI, you cannot turn the ANPR function on (I was connecting on the POE ports on the back of the NVR). So if you want ANPR you can only have this with the older 4 series with this update, at least on the old version you could use a 7 and click upload to notification centre and it wouldn't alert Hikconnect app but it would store it in the NVR for review later.

Anyway my main unit is a Deepinmind NXI (B) a few months old and already consigned to the EOL i believe so probably won't get this update.

I'm not getting any face detection smart event alert emails since the update, does anyone else have the smart event emails working? I can generate the test email and that goes through fine, but that;'s all I've seen.

Back