01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Windows 11 upgrade - no more live view

fullboogie

Expert
Trusted Member
Just upgraded to Windows 11. Now when I go to the Hikvision web interface for my NVR, I get no video fees from my NVR. It doesn't work in IE, Edge, or Chrome. I've cleared cache in all three browsers with no success. I've noticed a problem we had years ago, where it constantly prompts me to download a plugin, which I've done (as administrator) many times. Anyone else have this problem and a cure?

The above solution is no longer working. Has anyone upgraded to Windows 11 and, using Edge, been able to get live view on the web interface?

I can't even get live view on Windows 10 anymore! I went to a job this morning where I needed to update some old firmware on a couple of R6 cameras:

Safari - Not only no live view but the button to browse for the firmware file is non functional
Chrome (via Windows VM) - No live view. The firmware update section within the maintenance page is missing completely
IE11 (via Windows VM) - Can't even open IE11 anymore. Despite repeatedly refusing to upgrade to Edge, running IE just immediately terminates itself and loads Edge. No live view and the firmware update section within the maintenance page is missing

As @David suggests, to do a quick upgrade I had to temporarily import individual cameras into iVMS-4200 and delete them again once complete.

IE11 (via Windows VM) - Can't even open IE11 anymore. Despite repeatedly refusing to upgrade to Edge, running IE just immediately terminates itself and loads Edge. No live view and the firmware update section within the maintenance page is missing

I had this problem a few days ago - and Microsoft are trying to push everyone over the edge - I mean over to Edge - stating IE will soon be gone. Every time I opened IE and entered an IP address it would bounce into Edge. After a bit of searching there's a tick box somewhere in the settings that tells it to send any IE page over to Edge. I'm not near the PC in question at the moment - otherwise I'd find exactly where it was, and explain it a bit better - but there is a tick box hiding in the settings that will stop the above from happening. If you can't find it - I'll go get the specific location the next time I'm on that site later in the week. Once I'd unticked it - it worked again, but who knows for how long.

I had this problem a few days ago - and Microsoft are trying to push everyone over the edge - I mean over to Edge - stating IE will soon be gone. Every time I opened IE and entered an IP address it would bounce into Edge. After a bit of searching there's a tick box somewhere in the settings that tells it to send any IE page over to Edge. I'm not near the PC in question at the moment - otherwise I'd find exactly where it was, and explain it a bit better - but there is a tick box hiding in the settings that will stop the above from happening. If you can't find it - I'll go get the specific location the next time I'm on that site later in the week. Once I'd unticked it - it worked again, but who knows for how long.
I'll take a look - thanks for the heads up.

Edit: Found it thanks. Altering the "Let Internet Explorer open sites in Microsoft Edge" from Always to Never fixed it.

Screenshot 2021-11-09 at 09.00.02.png

Last edited:
Thank you @cymruchris, and @JB1970 just spent the last hour trying to get IE to open.

According to Microsoft, IE is only supposed to be retired June 15, 2022 meaning that the IE11 desktop application will no longer be supported and afterwards will redirect to Microsoft Edge if a user tries to access it.

It was constantly redirecting to edge NOW !!

Hikvision needs to sort this reliance on IE ASAP

Any update on this problem (Windows 11 MS Edge in IE mode with above settings ) ? The camera web page loads for 1 second then goes to http://192.168.1.xxx/notSupported.asp browser not supported. I have tried every combination of options in IE compatibility. Camera is HIKVISION DS-2CD2442FWD-IW.

Thanks

install the iVSM4200 program in different versions on my lenovo laptop and the same problem occurs, which is that when I add a device it automatically goes online and creates the groups where the cameras are but when I go to the main view option it stays loading and it doesn't show me anything. The issue is that I download it on other PCs and if I can see them it seems that the problem was only with that laptop I don't know if anyone else has that problem and can help me. My laptop had windows 10 and I took it to windows 11 and it keeps doing the same thing, it just stays loading and the "Main View" option doesn't show me anything. Greetings

Windows 11/Edge. Cannot see live view from NVR however if I go via camera management and open URL using 'virtual host' for the camera itself I can 'see' a live view from that specific camera. This suggests it is not Win11 or Edge as such but something in how the NVR handles video streams for the Live View.
iVMS 4200 works ok on same machine for live view on multiple cameras and on playback.

NVR 7608 with F/W 4.51.0025 (not upgrading given comment on >4.6.xx from others :) ) and Plugin version is 3.0.7.41

Anyone resolved this yet as I like to use browser rather than iVMS or are we being pushed to hik connect?

Did you hit the "play" button near the bottom of the live view screen? It appears that the feeds no longer automatically start streaming on live view - you have to hit "play" to get them going.

Back