01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Last Chance Saloon for Hik Help

OsoPolar

Hello Guys
After 2 weeks of Google, Discord and Reddit i have come across this site which i hope is my final destination:)
I am having issues in getting a Rstp or ONVIF my setup may seem funky to some but in the Hik Vision Hik Connect apps everything works.
The equipment i have is as follows:-

1. CCTV DVR Unit iDS-7208HUHI-M1/FA/A0820210328CCWRF71849545WCVU 192.168.23.180
  2. Intercom Panel DS-KH9510-WTE10120210124WRQ05434344CLU 192.168.23.182
  3. Modular Intercom Unit DS-KD8003-IME10120210106RRF37299528CVLU 192.168.23.184
  4. Dome Camera IP DS-2DE3A400BW-DE20210402AAWRF72793916 192.168.23.185
  5. Also 7 New Analog CAMs DS-2CE72HFT-F28(2.8MM)/GREY

The DVR i was informed by Hik Vision will provide my RSTP & ONVIF on all cameras. I know i cannot get an IP from the Analog cameras but as they have their own port on the DVR it will provide a view of each camera. But for the life in me having tried for over 20 hours over past few weeks no path I provide allows me to view it.

I am trying to get the images in Home Assistant i have used ONVIF integration which sees the DVR unit and the IP camera. See here
    I have used Hik Vision Integration and it sees the following sensors of the Analog cameras see here
I have also tried some software called ONVIF device manager and this sees the cameras with some partial sucess see here

The paths i have tried are identical to what is listed in this site and several others i am just trying to get a view in VLC.
Path styles used

rtsp://admin:password@192.168.1.180:554/ISAPI/Streaming/Channels/101/
rtsp://admin:password@192.168.1.180:554/Streaming/Channels/102/
rtsp://admin:password@192.168.1.180:554/Streaming/Channels/101/

I have also tried to remove user name & password which ask for login but still fails.
The ONVIF software also provides a path rtsp://192.168.23.180:554/Streaming/channels/901 see here

If you need any further details or screenshots to help me fix they just ask i will provide anything you need.
Just hoping one you gurus can put me out of my misery trying to fix this. :)

Hi @OsoPolar

Have you checked all of these things?
Hi @Anam

You will need to use the RTSP stream from the camera to embed it on the website.

This is how to create the RTSP URL:

rtsp://<NVR's Public IP Address>:<Opened RTSP Port>/Streaming/Channels/<channel number that the camera is on><stream number>

Example 1:
rtsp://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:554/Streaming/channels/101
This will give you the stream for the main stream (01) of a camera on channel 1 (1) which is using RTSP port 554.

Example. 2:

rtsp://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:300/Streaming/channels/1002
This will give you the stream for the sub steam (02) of a camera on channel 10 (10) which is using RTSP port 300.

For it to work:
  1. You cannot use H.264+ or H.265+ encoding.

2. The stream cannot be encrypted - you can only disable encryption directly on the NVR's local GUI by going to:

System > Network > Advanced > Platform Access > Enable Stream Encryption [untick]

3. The RTSP Port for the camera must be opened/forwarded on your router - in the NVR's web browser interface, go to:

System > Network > TCP/IP> NAT > RTSP Port

(If this is set to the default of port 554, I would recommend changing it to another port on your router (can be any), for security purposes).
    You can use this website to check that the port has been successfully opened - Open Port Check Tool -- Verify Port Forwarding on Your Router

Please note that this URL will require the user to input their username/password for the camera whenever they want to view the stream. If they do not want this, then they will need to use the second URL explained in this post:

rtsp://<Username>:<Password>@<NVR's Public IP Address>:<Opened RTSP Port>/Streaming/Channels/<Channel number that the camera is on><Stream number>

You should be fine to use your local IP address as you've done, just make sure that you are doing this from the same LAN.
Although, it might be worth testing with port forwarding and using your public IP too.

Hi @OsoPolar

Have you checked all of these things?

You should be fine to use your local IP address as you've done, just make sure that you are doing this from the same LAN.
Although, it might be worth testing with port forwarding and using your public IP too.
HI Kyle

My unit is not a NVR it is a DVR not sure if this makes any difference?
My DVR does not have this option
The RTSP Port for the camera must be opened/forwarded on your router - in the NVR's web browser interface, go to:

System > Network > TCP/IP> NAT > RTSP Port

Also do i have to use external Public IP address ? Can i not use my home network only ?

See my setting i can see in the DVR
here

I can see i have encryption on as mentioned in number 2. By turning this off i can now see my cameras in VLC great news. BUT now they all show offline in my Hik Connect App how can i fix this ?

Last edited:
Can i not use my home network only ?
I stream some of my Hikvision cameras / NVR to the internet / YouTube and view over the local LAN. You dont have to use your public IP address. I always use VLC as a baseline for any testing.
I've not used hikconnect for a long time but as you have removed encryption from the stream you may have to login to your Hikconnect account and disable it there as well.

I stream some of my Hikvision cameras / NVR to the internet / YouTube and view over the local LAN. You dont have to use your public IP address. I always use VLC as a baseline for any testing.
I've not used hikconnect for a long time but as you have removed encryption from the stream you may have to login to your Hikconnect account and disable it there as well.
Hi yes i mentioned above "By turning this off i can now see my cameras in VLC great news. BUT now they all show offline in my Hik Connect App how can i fix this ?"

Hi yes i mentioned above "By turning this off i can now see my cameras in VLC great news. BUT now they all show offline in my Hik Connect App how can i fix this ?"
from my last message

from my last message
Hi there is nothing to login into it is greyed out. Trying to work out how i can use it if encryption is not enabled

Can you share a screenshot of what is greyed out, please?

If you can see your cameras but they are showing as offline, then you should be logged in already.

Then follow these steps for disabling the encryption on the DVR within the app:
Hik-Connect: Enabling/Disabling Video and Image Encryption
Hi Kyle
Badly worded sorry by disabling the encryption on Hik Connect I am now able to access the cameras in VLC.
But my Hik Connect app now shows all my cameras offline! (Greyed Out) see here

Is there a way to use Hik Connect without having encryption enabled

Hi Kyle
Badly worded sorry by disabling the encryption on Hik Connect I am now able to access the cameras in VLC.
But my Hik Connect app now shows all my cameras offline! (Greyed Out) see here

Is there a way to use Hik Connect without having encryption enabled
My iPad hikconnect app works without encryption.

When connected to your local LAN open the Hikconnect app and delete the camera / DVR and add it again. If this does not work post the hikconnect device configuration.

So, you'll need to touch the hexagon to open the settings for that device:

Screenshot 2021-09-23 134542.png

And you can then disable "video and image encryption".

But as @David says, it should just work if you remove the DVR and add it again no that you've disabled encryption on the DVR itself.

So, you'll need to touch the hexagon to open the settings for that device:

View attachment 6664

And you can then disable "video and image encryption".

But as @David says, it should just work if you remove the DVR and add it again no that you've disabled encryption on the DVR itself.
I have already disabled the encryption in the web app see here

If i click the hexagon i only get the option to delete it. see here

I have deleted it but when i add it back it turns on encryption?

Is it possible to run Hik Connect without turning on encryption?

I cannot add it back via Hok Connect website as it says it is offline.
If i connect it back up via my Hik Website login it auto enables encryption !

Last edited:
In your first screenshot, you are actually disabling Hik-Connect on the DVR rather than the encryption, which is why it is offline in the app - so you need to tick this box again (and set an encryption key when it prompts you).

Then, you need to disable encryption on the DVR is to use the local GUI (via a directly connected monitor and mouse), and then disable this on the Platform Access page in advanced network settings (this is the only place that you can disable the encryption, it is not possible in the web browser view).

Once this is done, remove the DVR from the app as explained here:
Hik-Connect - Unbind Device from Its Original Account

And then add it again to the app following these steps:

Hello Guys
After 2 weeks of Google, Discord and Reddit i have come across this site which i hope is my final destination:)
I am having issues in getting a Rstp or ONVIF my setup may seem funky to some but in the Hik Vision Hik Connect apps everything works.
The equipment i have is as follows:-

1. CCTV DVR Unit iDS-7208HUHI-M1/FA/A0820210328CCWRF71849545WCVU 192.168.23.180
  2. Intercom Panel DS-KH9510-WTE10120210124WRQ05434344CLU 192.168.23.182
  3. Modular Intercom Unit DS-KD8003-IME10120210106RRF37299528CVLU 192.168.23.184
  4. Dome Camera IP DS-2DE3A400BW-DE20210402AAWRF72793916 192.168.23.185
  5. Also 7 New Analog CAMs DS-2CE72HFT-F28(2.8MM)/GREY

The DVR i was informed by Hik Vision will provide my RSTP & ONVIF on all cameras. I know i cannot get an IP from the Analog cameras but as they have their own port on the DVR it will provide a view of each camera. But for the life in me having tried for over 20 hours over past few weeks no path I provide allows me to view it.

I am trying to get the images in Home Assistant i have used ONVIF integration which sees the DVR unit and the IP camera. See here
    I have used Hik Vision Integration and it sees the following sensors of the Analog cameras see here
I have also tried some software called ONVIF device manager and this sees the cameras with some partial sucess see here

The paths i have tried are identical to what is listed in this site and several others i am just trying to get a view in VLC.
Path styles used

rtsp://admin:password@192.168.1.180:554/ISAPI/Streaming/Channels/101/
rtsp://admin:password@192.168.1.180:554/Streaming/Channels/102/

I have also tried to remove user name & password which ask for login but still fails.
The ONVIF software also provides a path rtsp://192.168.23.180:554/Streaming/channels/901 see here

If you need any further details or screenshots to help me fix they just ask i will provide anything you need.
Just hoping one you gurus can put me out of my misery trying to fix this. :)
I have a Fleureon CCTV IP X30 IR camera and I found using iSpy excellent to find URL's for cameras (of course you can bring USB connected cameras too). It needs to be iSpy on a PC rather than their other CCTV control program. iSpy has the largest database of cameras and expanding, so make sure you tell it to update the list before you try to connect yoour caamera. hen it has found the camera it will give several versions of rtsp and or HTML and it understands Onvif. I have used the results in ManycamStudio and OBS as well. btw if you connect a non ptz camera iSpy will give you digital ptz. With a PTZ camera you can use any gaming joystick to control it
Hope this helps somewhat

In your first screenshot, you are actually disabling Hik-Connect on the DVR rather than the encryption, which is why it is offline in the app - so you need to tick this box again (and set an encryption key when it prompts you).

Then, you need to disable encryption on the DVR is to use the local GUI (via a directly connected monitor and mouse), and then disable this on the Platform Access page in advanced network settings (this is the only place that you can disable the encryption, it is not possible in the web browser view).

Once this is done, remove the DVR from the app as explained here:
Hik-Connect - Unbind Device from Its Original Account

And then add it again to the app following these steps:
Hi Kyle

I have logged in to the DVR and the area you mentioned see here.
I am not seeing the area where i can just disable encryption!
Or do i click enable stream?

I did see in the new Hik Connect app an option to switch off encryption see here
I turned it off last night and then see i can now see my rstp link and use Hik Connect

But i cannot see my rstp links if i try over Wi-Fi on my laptop ????

Last edited:
The "Enable Stream..." tickbox is misleading, but that should be "enable stream encryption", so it is already disabled:

1632481461127.png

If the cameras aren't online again in the app, unbind and re-add the NVR.

The "Enable Stream..." tickbox is misleading, but that should be "enable stream encryption", so it is already disabled:

View attachment 6669

If the cameras aren't online again in the app, unbind and re-add the NVR.
Hi my cameras are online already
Cheers for your help to have been very good

To ask a few more questions should i start a new thread?

Last edited:
No worries :)

Yes, best to start another thread for any new questions as more people will see them that way!

No worries :)

Yes, best to start another thread for any new questions as more people will see them that way!
Hi Kyle
I did as you suggested and added a new question last week see here but not had a reply!
Is there something wrong with what i have asked do you think?

Back