01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HI Look camera and NVR cameras not working anymore.

gordy

Hi

I really don't know what I have done but I think it is something to do with the NVR password and the camera's password. I think I reset my NVR back to factory settings and re-registered the NVR with a new password which may not match the cameras.
How can I rectify this?

The setup is as follows
1x NVR HiLook NVR-104H-D/4p PoE
1x HiLook IPC-T220H-U
2x HiLook IPC-D121H-M

Cameras connected to NVR directly over Cat 6 cabling using PoE to power the cameras.

Below is a screenshot of the cameras showing the password that is required, which I am unsure of what it is. As you can see I have changed one camera to manual set up from Plug and play but still no luck.

I don't seem to see a reset button on these cameras either so if they require to be reset how would I go about that?

Using the SaDP software only the NVR shows up but I believe that is because the cameras are PoE.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am getting incredibly frustrated with this.

Many thanks in advance
Screen shot.jpg

Hi @gordy

Do you still know the old password that the NVR (and probably the cameras) was using before you reset it?

Upvote 0
TBH I can't remember the password that I used, ( schoolboy error I know) I can try a few but I don't want to lock myself out of the cameras completely. Should I be worried about the IP address's not being correct?

Upvote 0
Okay, not knowing the camera passwords and not having physical hard reset buttons is going to make things harder.

You will need to move the cameras off of the NVR PoE ports onto either an individual PoE injector (e.g. one at a time) or a PoE switch, this will make the cameras visible to your local network (when directly connected to the NVR the cameras use its subnet IP range - 192.168.254.xxx - which is different to your local IP range and thus the cameras are not visible).

Once on the local network, you need to use SADP to try and perform a password reset for each camera, but this will require you to send the reset file to the seller you originally purchased the system from so they can generate a password reset file for you.

If you can do that step, you can then either change the cameras IP address to a local IP address using DHCP in the SADP Tool, login to the cameras with a browser, hard reset each camera to inactive, and then reconnect to the PoE ports on the NVR so that the cameras activate with the new NVR password. Alternatively, if you don't want to lose the camera settings, you can change the IP, log in to each camera, change the password to match the NVR, then under the network settings change each cameras IP address to the subnet address it had used previously (e.g. 192.168.254.2 / 192.168.254.3 / etc...) and change each cameras gateway to the NVR subnet gateway (192.168.254.1), and once these changes are saved you can move the cameras back to the PoE ports on the NVR that they had used before and with the password changed the cameras should connect.

If you can't send the reset file to your original seller your only option will be to try the passwords you think the cameras might be using, if you get it wrong too many times the cameras will lock up but only for a short period of time (45min to 1hr) and then you can try again.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your reply. It looks like I need to purchase a PoE switch to get them on the local network. However, that is a good tip on the cameras not locking me out completely, only for a certain amount of time. Therefore I will try some passwords tonight on each of them. Am I right in saying that if I use plug and play for set up the password will be the same for all three cameras?

Reactions: Dan
Upvote 0
Yes, if they were all plug & play then they should have all been activated with the same password when they were first connected to the NVR.

Upvote 0
I have read in some places I can connect my laptop into one of the PoE ports that the cameras using an ethernet connection directly to the laptop running SADPtool. From what I have read this will then allow me to see the three cameras on the SADP tool?

If not I will purchase a PoE Switch?

Upvote 0
Hi @gordy

We've never tried the laptop method before, but it should be possible as long as you change the network range of your laptop to the same as the NVRs subnet range (192.168.254.xxx) before you plug it into the NVR, then it should be able to see all devices on that IP range when connected to the NVR.

Upvote 0
Well, I have successfully exported the files and for the reset and have now received the file to upload to reset the cameras. I have followed the instructions by using the SADP program and selecting an individual camera, click forgot password, upload a file to reset, type in a new password and click confirm, however when I click to confirm it comes up with an error 2015! Can you tell me what this means?

I have my laptop connected to the PoE ports on the NVR using an ethernet cable. should i just get a PoE switch and that would make things easier?

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Hi @gordy

Yes, a PoE switch or PoE injector will be easier as when you plug the laptop directly into the NVR there are going to be all sorts of network issues, which is probably what that error message relates to.

Upvote 0
Me again. So i have got a PoE switch. It is connected directly to the router via ethernet cable in the correct port as per instructions. I have plugged the cameras into the Poe Switch. Opened the SaDP tool and i can see the cameras. Followed the password reset process with the upload of the files. I am now getting an error code 2022. Any ideas what could be causing this. Could it be because the NVR was powered down since i export the file for the password?

Upvote 0
As long as each camera that you export the reset file from stays powered up while you wait for the XML file then there shouldn't be an issue.

How long after you receive the reset file is it before you upload it to the camera? The reset files are time sensitive so if you wait multiple hours the files may stop working.

We've not seen that error message before, you may have to ask whoever is sending you the reset file to take that error code to Hikvision support and see if they can identify the issue.

Upvote 0
Many thanks for all your help. I have managed to reset two of the cameras. The third camera i am now unsure if it is working. It is not showing up on SADP tool. How would i know if it is faulty or it is a technical issue? Is there any test to see if it powers up? The camera is PoE.

Upvote 0
Hi @gordy

If the camera is not powering up a sign would be that the camera's IR LEDs are not briefly glowing red when you first power the camera.

Upvote 0
Ahh thank you, in that case then it isn't. Could i try a 12v power supply along with the cat 6 cable? I have the camera down and on my workbench and have tried different cat 6 cable so i know it is not the cable.

Upvote 0
You can try a 12v if you have one to hand, but I wouldn't bother buying one just to test because if the camera is not accepting power from PoE it will likely be the same with a 12v PSU.

Upvote 0
You can try a 12v if you have one to hand, but I wouldn't bother buying one just to test because if the camera is not accepting power from PoE it will likely be the same with a 12v PSU.
Many thanks. it seems to be totally dead. I am now trying to access the cameras on the web portal and have logged in and can see the four squares where the cameras should be. I can see they are connected but there is no picture! What would be causing this?

Upvote 0
Hi @gordy

What browser are you using to access the HiLook NVR?

We don't have much experience with HiLook, but I think they don't support the same plug-in free browser solution as the main Hikvision range and so you may only be able to access them with Internet Explorer or possibly Edge using "Run as IE Mode".

Upvote 0
Many thanks, I required a plug-in for IE on chrome. All working now. Thank you for all your help with my system. Very much apprecieated it.

Reactions: Dan
Upvote 0
Back