01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision IP CCTV PTZ Cam Firmware?

BarneyS

Hi All,

I have been working for six hours or so on getting a camera linked up to Hik-Connect and shared as I need it.

Having terrible issues with:

a) The device is offline. No search result is found (It isn't, I can see it any which way but Hik Connect cannot)
b) Update firmware file, I have followed the guide here: http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/uk/p...ility List of HIKVISION Products_20181010.pdf and it seems that what I need is 5.5.3 but cannot, despite sifting through the european portal find one that will work with the camera.

Thinking that B might solve A, can anyone give me a proper definitive link to the firmware that I can use for a DS-2DE4220IW-D that may allow me to select Hik Connect in 'Platform' and maybe put me out of my misery?

Thanks all,

BarneyS

OK, to update... there is no progress and I would be really grateful if someone might be able to have an opinion where I am going wrong.

For firmware I have followed steps here: https://forum.use-ip.co.uk/forum/th...simple-steps-updated-20th-february-2019.1323/ and discover that it is the R7 upgrade that need unfortunately, the link in the documentation is dead (file path does not exist) general search took me to here: https://www.hikvisioneurope.com/eu/...D, 4BX6, 4CX6, 4DX6, 4A24FWD 20x, mobile IPC)

I tried all of these but none will install, so at a loss.

Went back to trying to add to Hik-connect, constant message is the device is offline. I have tried this any which way, logged in as various users and admins, different browsers, different Hik Connect accounts etc etc.

Leads me to think that serial number must be wrong? I have no packaging for the camera so am using the last 9 digits from the serial number I can see when signed in to the camera.

This is now about 9 hours and counting, can anyone helm me out of the misery?

Thanks all!

BarneyS

I think s/n would typically be a letter followed by 8 numerals, eg D12345678.

Need clarification whether your camera takes the same FW as the DS-2DE4220IW-DE. If it does, there are more recent FW updates - which require you first to upgrade to v5.6.11. You will need to plough through the PDF notices attached to the FW updates to find the supported camera model numbers:
https://www.hikvisioneurope.com/eu/

If nothing works, your camera could be a grey import.

In the last resort you could try reflashing the firmware using the TFTP method. This isn't risk-free however and could brick your camera.

Hi macman and all,

My understanding is that the 9 digit s/n is the last 9 on the model/sn on the camera's portal? This was how I found the numbers on the other 3 cameras I have, that I have been able to add and they have been no problem. I have also tried every combination of the numbers on that page that I have been able to find without success.

From what I understand, the only difference between the DS-2DE4220IW-D and the DS-2DE4220IW-DE is the DE's ability to take POE. Either way, the list from the upgrade your firmware in simple steps above indicates that the DS-2DE4220IW-D went from 5.3.9, which I can't find anywhere to the 5.5.0 which I have found on the European portal and which will not install.

I find myself still short of a magic bullet or anywhere to look for information.

Would anyone like to comment on whether the problems adding to Hik Connect are likely to be firmware related and if not, where my issue might lie?

Thanks for bearing with thus far.

All the best!

BarneyS

Hi Dan, Thanks for coming in on this.

I hadn't tried unbinding..... but I have now.

The pop up I got was 'the device is not bound' (slight confusion, the first time I thought is said is 'not found' !)

Tried to add again in the Hik-connect web app and the message is 'The device is offline. No search result is found'

So, no progress I am afraid.

All the best, BarneyS

Hi Dan, Thanks for coming in on this.

I hadn't tried unbinding..... but I have now.

The pop up I got was 'the device is not bound' (slight confusion, the first time I thought is said is 'not found' !)

Tried to add again in the Hik-connect web app and the message is 'The device is offline. No search result is found'

So, no progress I am afraid.

All the best, BarneyS
How did you acquire this camera? Is the dealer accessible for help? Or you could try phoning/emailing Hikvision's nearest support centre - which has never been an enjoyable experience for me but if/when you do manage to get through to a support agent, you usually get the right answers from them.

Hi macman, it was, as you may have guessed a second hand purchase from my former employer.

It was in a batch of 4, similar but not the same PTZ cameras, I have got them all up and running no problem, just this one that I think is set the same as the rest, that I cannot get to play ball.

Not sure who my local dealer is and it looks to me like there are folk here who have some pretty hefty knowledge, but you are of course right, it might be my next step.

All the best, BarneyS

Hi All,

Just by way of closing out;

All my work on this had been over a remote connection (teamviewer) whilst I was searching for information. I visited the property with the camera over Christmas time and did a full reset (via web interface), started from scratch and was then able to add to hikconnect.

I was in a hurry and no longer had a need so I didn't try and update firmware, I will later this month.

Thanks to all that helped me and glad we got there in the end.

Brgds, BarneyS

PS, serial number is 9 digits and can be found as last 9 on device serial number on web interface.

PPS, I retrieved the camera codes using instructions from links on this site as had no boxes, thank you for that.

Back