01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Reconecting.Error Code HCNetSDK.dll[91]

Frazer

Hi,
We have recently bought a hikvision system consisting of 37 cameras:
DS-9664NI-I8 (8x 4TB WD Purple NV, RAID-6, 3.4.90 build 160926)
DS-2CD2142FWD-I (5.4.1 build 160525, 5.4.0 build 160511)
DS-2CD2742FWD-I (5.4.0 build 160401)
Powered by multiple HP Procurve 2920 PoE+
Of the 37 cameras we had installed in October, 2 had developed strange faults:

Cam 1:
Connecting to the NVR with iVMS-4200, Select Cam1 for live viewing.
Selecting Main Stream shows the Sub Stream.
Selecting Sub Stream, the camera fails to open.

Directly connecting to the cameras IP:
Selecting Main Stream for live view, shows Main stream
Selecting Sub Stream for live view, shows Sub stream

Tried reset to defaults, power cycling camera, leaving it off for 30 mins, removing camera from NVR/adding to different IP channel.

This camera is being returned via RMA.

Cam 2:
Connecting to the NVR with iVMS-4200, Select Cam 2 for viewing, main stream displays fine.
Select Cam 2 as part of a multi camera view (thus attempting to view Sub-Stream) - given the error :
Reconecting.Error Code HCNetSDK.dll[91]

Directly connecting to the cameras IP:
Selecting Main Stream for live view, shows Main stream
Selecting Sub Stream for live view, shows Sub stream

Any idea what might be causing this? Have we just been unlucky with faulty cameras?
It seems strange that the NVR cannot view certain streams, while both streams appear to work fine when directly connecting to the camera.

Thanks

Hello frazer .

I believe that is bandwith problem. Get directly to ipc menu and descrease bitrates..Then go to Nvr menu and make sure that have the same bitrates (main & sub stream too) ..

Hi,
I believe you are right about it being a bandwidth issue.
The 9664 specification shows 200Mbit as the maximum throughput while using RAID.
When I looked at the NVR's remote configuration under 'resource usage' in iVMS-4200 it was previously showing 199Mbit whereas under 'device information' Received was only showing between 80-120Mbit (variable bit rate).

However all cameras were set to 4Mbit (4*37=148Mb), setting the bit rates again didn't seem to change this.
I set H.264+ to enabled on all cameras and waited for them to restart. When I disabled H264+ again and applied 4Mbit bit rate - this seemed to bring the Resource Usage down to 166.50Mb and I can see all main and sub streams.

It seems the NVR web GUI/ivms-4200/camera web GUI don't communicate their settings to each other very well.

Log in to the Camera that is receiving the error. Configuration\System\Maintenance Reset all the parameters, except the IP parameters and user information, to the default settings.

Back