01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

ONVIF Issues & Solution with new firmware

kolobos

All,
I have recently experienced the following issue twice with two different Hikvision cameras, one dome and one turret. I added the camera to my Hybrid DVR using the ONVIF protocol and everything worked great however, once I upgraded to the latest firmware I lost my connection? Turns out the latest firmware now has an ONVIF selection and is disabled by default. On top of that you have to create an ONVIF user (Admin etc.) or you cannot log into the camera using the ONVIF protocol from another device such as a DVR.

This was driving me crazy because I could add the camera to my DVR using a non standard protocol but could not add it using the ONVIF protocol and also my DVR would not detect motion with a non standard protocol. After creating an ONVIF user profile under the tabs Network>Advanced>Integration Protocol I was then able to add the camera to my DVR and motion was detected by the DVR and everything is all working again.

Steve.
ONVIF.png

Thanks for sharing Steve. I think this change has caught a lot of people out. HikVision made the change in the V5.5.0 firmware update to provide an additional level of security with the default settings:

Last edited:
Back