01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Needing help with Hikvision NVR not recording accordingly

Jon Sam

Hello Users

I am a new guy just bought a Hikvision NVR DS-7604NI-K1/4P and DS2CD2155FWDIS28 DOME CAMERA a week ago .

First the technician have set the NVR on MOTION DETECTION for recording and I noticed on my pre recorded videos files are not recorded on MOTION as it should ,because the next day after installation and I checked the prerecorded file didn't record my family entering into the car and driving off to school, the next file was my car already parked up without seeing anyone exiting the car and entering the house.

Therefor I gathered something is wrong so I asked the technician to set it on continuously recording next day and he did.

same problem no solid bar at the bottom of the page to indicate a recorded video file. shattered files on the Bar. Contacted the technician again to check and he did that. but nothing work. same problem.

Live view is perfect.

yesterday 1 typical hour showed on the recording bar just broken 8 broken files each file contain about 5 seconds of recorded video (photo attached) instead of a continuously recording.

contacted the technician yesterday now he is busy don't have time for me and he told me to contact the Hikvision technical hot line which I did and they told me would not speak to me because I am not a Hikvision member.

Now I am stuck with hundreds of pounds of not fully working products.

Is there anyone can help me please ? I wanted to know why is my camera won't record according to the setting. The basic setting is done as far I know of.

Is that a setting problem?
Is there a faulty device?

Attachments

• IMG_9519.jpg
    IMG_9519.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 5,033
  • IMG 12.png
    IMG 12.png
    175.6 KB · Views: 5,157
It all looks like my working system. Might be worth a check in the advanced settings of the schedule, but can't imagine what might be wrong there.

Standard advice would be to turn it off then on again! Check the NVR firmware is current in case of a bug.

Are the recorded files times of motion detection?

It all looks like my working system. Might be worth a check in the advanced settings of the schedule, but can't imagine what might be wrong there.

Standard advice would be to turn it off then on again! Check the NVR firmware is current in case of a bug.

thanks for ur advice pal.

Turn it off a few times before and still the same. Just got worst. all recording gone

It was on motion detection in the first day only 9-6-18. since then on continues record, the record videos files are getting shorter and smaller

Did your system worked from day 1? was any adjustment needed after installation?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-06-16 13.01.36.png
    Screenshot 2018-06-16 13.01.36.png
    257.7 KB · Views: 2,307
  • Screenshot 2018-06-17 23.32.03.png
    Screenshot 2018-06-17 23.32.03.png
    173.7 KB · Views: 1,942
The NVR defaults to continuous recording, so mine 'just worked'. Can you try switching the network cable to another of your NVR ports. If it's been left alone, it should just record 24/7.

The NVR defaults to continuous recording, so mine 'just worked'. Can you try switching the network cable to another of your NVR ports. If it's been left alone, it should just record 24/7.

OK thanks. worth a try

@Magic919 does your cctv recorded audios?

My current cameras all lack microphones. I might be able to dig out one to test.

Bear in mind it will probably not record audio by default. It’s an option in the advanced settings mentioned before.

Just tested mine and it does record sound. iVMS 4500 on my iPad plays the sound, but my Mac doesn't seem to want to.

Just tested mine and it does record sound. iVMS 4500 on my iPad plays the sound, but my Mac doesn't seem to want to.

Just tried mine and no sound in either laptop and iphone. :-(

Something wrong somewhere

Back