01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision 2385 turrets turning off night mode?

Kilojade

Hi guys.

I have the 2385 turrets. I was wondering if I can turn off the night mode? Reason being. My streetlights stay on all through the night. I’m thinking if I can turn nightmode off would I get a better picture! That’s not black and white.

Thanks

First day back after a week away.
Set to 'day' for colour all the time / no IR.

1534775286413.png

Ok mate thanks. I just put the ip address into web browser for my nvr. And I need a user name and password to log in online

Is this the user name and password I use to log in online with? It says admin is the user name. But I didn’t set the password either the installer did. Crap.

Attachments

• 49D7BC96-D0D9-4C6F-B8A0-6AE1037ED10F.jpeg
    49D7BC96-D0D9-4C6F-B8A0-6AE1037ED10F.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,137
Assuming your NVR is connected to your network, and you have a PC on the same network, log into your NVR using Internet Explorer (not Edge).
Just type your NVR's IP address into the address bar, then login (user name is admin by default, password will be as you/your installer have set).
Then, assuming your cameras are directly connected to your NVR, follow the virtual host instructions at post #5.
This will provide you with a new column of links to your cameras from within the Camera Management area of your NVR.
You can then click those links to access each camera in a new browser tab and change its settings as per post #3.

Assuming your NVR is connected to your network, and you have a PC on the same network, log into your NVR using Internet Explorer (not Edge).
Just type your NVR's IP address into the address bar, then login (user name is admin by default, password will be as you/your installer have set).
Then, assuming your cameras are directly connected to your NVR, follow the virtual host instructions at post #5.
This will provide you with a new column of links to your cameras from within the Camera Management area of your NVR.
You can then click those links to access each camera in a new browser tab and change its settings as per post #3.

Done it mate thanks for that! Let’s see if it’s better at night now!

If it’s still not good enough can you recommend another cam that’s best in the night?

A mate of mine has some Dahua starlight cams think there 2mp and the night vision is way better than my 4K! Prob because his has stayed in colour and mine switched to black and white

See how you get on.
Lower resolution sensors e.g. 2 to 3MP do tend to be a little bit more light sensitive, but then you are trading-off against captured resolution.

See how you get on.
Lower resolution sensors e.g. 2 to 3MP do tend to be a little bit more light sensitive, but then you are trading-off against captured resolution.

Ar ok mate as didn’t change resolution on them last night and they was really!! Dark. Like really bad. So on the 2 cams I changed I will drop resolution down to 2mp see what it’s like then

See how you get on.

Still wasn’t any good mate

What camera can you recommend that will stay in colour with street lights that is the best! My budget is £300 per camera could push to £400.

Just want atleast 1 camera that is in colour at night that’s good! My streetlights are about 8m away from my door

2MP Milesight cameras have good sensitivity within this budget.

I have tested some Hikvision cameras in low light without IR. Darkfighter cameras worked quite well but were expensive. I bought three Milesight 2 MP cameras last December and have now pretty good idea about their capabilities. As far as I understand they have even more sensitive models in the pipeline. Phil could perhaps cast some light on it?
This story about their use includes their model numbers and some videos - mostly in low light. (all links still work except the first one)
Time lapse videos with Milesight cameras

See how you get on.

Phil do you have these is? DS-2CD2335FWD-I in grey. 4mm and a 6mm please?

Back