01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

ieGeek 1080p bullet CCTV Help required

Newbie2018

Hi 1st post here so go easy please
icon_biggrin.gif

I've recently bought the iegeek 1080p bullet CCTV camera.
Set up seemed to go ok, I've installed the app on my android phone called "camhi" version 5.1.53

Whilst at home my phone connects to the camera via the app, but when out of wifi radius I can't connect to the camera.

Am I missing anything obvious ?

I have left the camera hardwired to ethernet cable, thinking this will give a better connection than relying on the wifi, which is strong anyway.

Also thinking ahead is there better apps/software I can use for this camera ??

Any tips on recording direct to NAS drive, much appreciated.

Thanks for reading & I hope you can help.

When you are away from home you will need to access your camera at home via the internet.
So, the App will need to find your home/router.
Your router will need to let you through, to see your camera.

How this is achieved varies.
The simplest solutions involve a portal and peer-to-peer provision setup provided by your camera/recorder manufacturer.

The more complex/manual setup requires basically two steps:
1. Finding your home.
If you happen to have a fixed IP address at home, then it is relatively simple to just go to that address.​
If you have a dynamic IP address (what most Internet Service Providers most commonly provide) then you will need to sign-up for a service to track your changing home IP address - DynDNS or No-IP for example.​
2. Once you can find your router, you then need to be able to get through its defences to see the camera. To do this you need to setup port forwarding within your router. There are many brands of routers, and therefore many nuances in configuring this. The best guides can be found at portforward.com (search there for your router model). You will also need information from the camera manufacturer to tell you which ports you need to forward for the App access to work fully.

Back