01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Milesight Feature Wish List

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
A list of features we would like to see available soon from Milesight:
  1. The ability to playback recordings saved to NAS from the camera's web interface. [They're working on it]
  2. A 'Virtual Host' feature in the NVRs which enables easy access with a browser to the cameras connected to the NVR. [They're working on it - ETA mid-June]
  3. Access to the camera's VCA setup from the NVR. [They're working on it]
  4. DHCP enabled by default. [This will now be the case on all future stock]
  5. Improved cross-browser performance, so that we don't remain dependant upon Internet Explorer. [This will be resolved in the next firmware release - due soon; cross-browser support without plugins]
  6. VCA for the 4K bullet camera [They're working on it]
  7. More 4K / 8MP camera models. [They're working on it]
  8. We need corner mount brackets for the mini-PTZs and speed domes. [They're NOT working on it]
  9. The ability to use special characters in passwords for cameras and NVRs [They're working on it]
  10. The ability to update the firmware of cameras whilst connected to an NVR [They're working on it]
  11. Currently, a pushbutton reset reverts the camera to the firmware it was shipped with (I've never seen this behaviour in any device, pondering whether it is a problem - it seems to be, as you know you have to do a firmware update after resetting) - It is actually a dual kernel system, which keeps current & previous firmware.
In no particular priority order, just a running list of requests and work-in-hand.
Other features we have requested have been developed and implemented - such as being able to edit the number of images attached to an email notification.

@Andy Lee

Last edited:
Reactions: Mal
This set of features would be really useful and appreciated.

A list of features we would like to see available soon from Milesight:
  1. The ability to playback recordings saved to NAS from the camera's web interface.
  2. A 'Virtual Host' feature in the NVRs which enables easy access with a browser to the cameras connected to the NVR.
  3. Access to the camera's VCA setup from the NVR.
  4. DHCP enabled by default.
  5. Improved cross-browser performance, so that we don't remain dependant upon Internet Explorer.
In no particular priority order, just a running list of requests and work-in-hand.
Other features we have requested have been developed and implemented - such as being able to edit the number of images attached to an email notification.

@Andy Lee
Thanks Phil, I have noted this list and will forward to our product team, looking forward to see more feedback from you!

For camera with motorized zoom lens the possibility to have a fixed focus for day and fixed focus for night

for day to have a wide area and for night a zoomed area for exemple

For camera with motorized zoom lens the possibility to have a fixed focus for day and fixed focus for night

for day to have a wide area and for night a zoomed area for exemple
Hi, thanks for your feedback, may I know more details about is this feature highly required in your project or application? what kind of projects would require this feature, I will appreciate for your more ideas.

Fixed focus to read licence plate day and night
sometimes when there is a tree the camera focus on the tree and the road is blurred , with fixed focus settings no problems :)

BICK

a list view of triggered events (unless its already there and i just cant find it).

I just found a partial solution to the unresponsive PTZ control in my Milesight Mini PTZ Bullet camera. The response seems to be directly linked to the video frame rate. I have used a low frame rate to save bandwidth and the ptz control doesn't seem to cope with it. > 10 fps works nice. This is no problem in good light but I have had difficulties when using longer exposures and e.g. 2 fps.

Slider controls as an alternative approach in the PTZ control interface would be very helpful. It is visual and if it operates like a servo control independent of the video settings then there should not be problems caused by slow bitrate and frame rate selection. Changing the colour of the slider could serve as a feedback for the completion of the command.
Some other controls like focus and iris settings could also have slider control to improve the operator feedback.

Back