01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR CCTV

I just downloaded the file from the link you have very kindly provided, however i receive the same error message....

Do you know what firmware version your camera is currently running please?

Select System Settings at the left.
Select Basic Information at the top.
Fifth box down the list shows the current firmware version.

I don't think you have logged-in to Config on your camera.
That firmware version is too low to be the firmware release of a G1-series camera e.g. your 2555.

If you look at the Model field, third on the list, what does that show please?

Hey Phil, I've attached the screenshot of the setting. I hope this helps.

I am logging in 192.168.1.xxx

you could be correct. How do I login to the actual camera ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190221-070347~01.png
    Screenshot_20190221-070347~01.png
    181.5 KB · Views: 355
I think, Step 1, since you are logged in to your NVR, please update that to the latest firmare version (V3.4.101) here:
HIKVISION UK PORTAL

Step 2
After updating your NVR to the latest firmware, when it prompts you to download a new plugin:
  1. Download the plugin.
  2. Know where to find that downloaded web components file - typically in your Downloads file.
  3. Restart your PC.
  4. Before doing anything else open your downloads folder and run and install the web components file.
After doing so you should then be able to view video in your browser.

Step 3
Enable Virtual Host on your NVR.

With Virtual Host enabled, when you check Camera Management in the Configuration area you will see blue hyperlinks at the right side alongside each of your cameras in the table.
Clicking those links will open a new browser tab for each camera.
That new tab will allow you to log directly into the camera, to access its settings, and make Configuration changes to the camera.
Via Configuration -> Maintenance you can update the firmware of your Hikvision camera.
NB - make sure that you download and prepare the correct firmware for each camera/model.

Hey

Thanks for the information.

I seem to have updated the firmware for the NVR, the live view also works too and when I play it in normal stream the sound too works.

However when I enable the host I m unable to get the blue link on the camera management...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190223-125650~01.png
    Screenshot_20190223-125650~01.png
    135.5 KB · Views: 345
  • Screenshot_20190223-125709~01.png
    Screenshot_20190223-125709~01.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 308
  • Screenshot_20190223-125735~01.png
    Screenshot_20190223-125735~01.png
    69.8 KB · Views: 335
I think you were waiting to hear whether Hikvision were planning to make an incline mount available for the 2555/2563 flat-dome cameras.
I have just received news that they don't currently have plans to do so.
I have fed back our concerns regarding these new-design flat-domes with the IR LEDs mounted away from the lens not directing the IR light so well depending on where the lens is angled to look.

Ok, as the infra red issue is still ongoing....

also Phil, i am no longer able to view by the Hik connect app, as i try to unbind the connection it keeps showing as connection failed......any ideas?thanks

ps i should also add when i refresh the app to pick the device nothing appears.....

As this thread is already quite long can you please start a new thread and we'll try to address your Hik-Connect issue, Thanks.

Hi @Fadburty

Sorry, that link has stopped working, it may be to do with the addition to the portal of the latest G1 Firmware (v5.6.0) which you can find here: DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

Hi @Fadburty

Sorry, that link has stopped working, it may be to do with the addition to the portal of the latest G1 Firmware (v5.6.0) which you can find here: DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

Thank you for the reply. Is there a way to be notified whenever there is an update?

Also I have noticed the playback video and live stream on the app is lagging really slowly. Do you know what I could do?

Thank you for the reply. Is there a way to be notified whenever there is an update?

Also I have noticed the playback video and live stream on the app is lagging really slowly. Do you know what I could do?

As far as we are aware there is no way to be notified of new firmware on the portal, we try and check the portal daily for any new releases and if we do spot any new releases we will often post to the forum about it. (especially if it is firmware for G1 cameras or I-series NVRs, but sometimes for other firmware as well)

We did see that issue initially after updating the NVR firmware, but with all the G1 cameras connected to that NVR now updated to the v5.6.0 firmware, they are streaming to the app much smoother.

Back