01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

2132F-I & iVMS-4500 HD (Android) Push Notifications

GSB1

DS-2CD-2132F-I firmware 5.3.0 build 150814. iVMS-4500 HD (Android v5 & 6).

For testing I am on my LAN, using local IP and admin account on the cam (which has a strong password).

I have motion detect and intrusion detection enabled, with notify surveillance centre and trigger channel.

Push alerts turned on in the app of course.

The issue is no push alerts on the device despite alarms taking place. I have tried more than one cam and more than one Android.

Any suggestions please?

I'd like to get push alerts working so I can drop email alerts as push alerts would be easier to enable and disable on the move.

Can I ask what DNS server you have set on the camera? We like to recommend Google's server of 8.8.8.8

A lot of the issues we see with push notifications tend to stem from this, so I just want to double-check

Hi,

DNS is set to Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 addresses.

thanks

Hi,

Very odd - by the sounds of it you have everything set correctly.

Can you humour me and try disabling email notifications but leave push notifications turned on, and then trigger an alarm to be pushed to your phone to see if that resolves it? Another user reported that disabling email notifications seemingly fixed a very similar issue to what you're experiencing.

Is the camera connected to an NVR, too?

Re the email yes I saw that post (I started a new thread due to the differing camera model).

I already had email notification off on the motion detection, but turned on for intrusion detection. I have just tested with intrusion detection email alerts off (motion detect and intrusion alarms generated) and no push notification.

I do not have an NVR, my three cams record to a NAS SMB share.

I'm going to fire off a couple of emails and dig into this a little, I'll get back to this thread as soon as I have something to share.

Can I ask what version of iVMS 4500 you're using?

Hi,

Unfortunately I didn't receive anything conclusive - Hikvision weren't aware of any issues with push notifications and v.3.4.2

As such the recommendation I received was to reinstall the app, factory reset the camera and double-check your network settings on both.

Do you have access to an iOS device you could troubleshoot with?

Back