01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

2DE4A220IW-DE Tilt Failure

Nicholas Gray

Help - the PTZ function is stuck at 90 degree down angle - facing directly down. It has been ‘sticky’ for a while but is now stuck - gently rocking back and forth. The motor is still working and it appears to be some kind of software issue - where it should rotate and ‘pan up’ automatically. I have tried rebootING and get ‘Tilt Failure’. Firmware is 5.5.3 - is there an update or way to ‘unstick’ the PTZ?

We have not seen this issue before but the latest firmware for this PTZ is v5.6.14

But as you will see from that portal page, as you are on a version older than v5.6.11 you will need to update to this version first and then up to v5.6.14

Thank you - it finally realised itself and is working again - I will avoid tilting to 90 degrees!

Am trying to upgrade firmware but clicking on 'Browse' to select the file is not bringing up an file system folder to select downloaded firmware file. I assume this is a browser issue? How can I update the firmware? Thx

As you are on such an old firmware you will need to use Internet Explorer to perform the update or use Hikvision iVMS-4200 software if not on a PC.

Back