01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

30 Camera Factory Setup

yummyduck

Hi,
I'm looking for a cost-effective NVR setup for 30+ cameras within a manufacturing plant.

Currently, we have this plan:
20 2MP Dahua IP cam @ 10 FPS
10 5MP Dahua IP cam @ 10 FPS
The NVR will be blocked from the internet with a firewall, and its isolated from other LAN. It will be placed in a chill room.

I would need:
1. A stable NVR solution either hardware or software. One that can handle 30+ cameras without a problem
2. A friendly UI - we will be using it to do analysis. I have a Synology at home, I'd consider its Surveillance Station to be good UI and many hardware NVRs (I think it's common) I'd consider them not so friendly UI. I understand the subjectivity here, but some NVRs are impossible to use.
3. Feature-rich, one such as Blue Iris. Would need features such as motion detection and alerts but no need for facial recognition.
4. Recording for 1 month

I would like:
5. Support for multiple brands, this reduces the risk of locked into one brand. ONVIF support is fine, but I heard sometimes it can reduce video quality
6. Low cost, the license fee for Surveillance Station would be considered a high cost.
7. Secure, low risk of backdoor
8. Have a Chinese language option. The install location is in Taiwan, the user can only read Chinese.

So here is the research breakdown with different systems, none of the options I find can satisfy all 8 requirements.

Synology Surveillance Station:
1. Yes: many can handle up to 40 cameras
2. Yes: I'd been using it and it's great
3. Good enough
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. No, the device itself is fine but adding up the license fee for 30 cameras it'd be too costly.
7. Yes
8. Yes

Blue Iris
1. Yes: as long as the hardware supports it
2. Yes: never used it but I think it's not bad
3. Yes
4. Yes: as long as the PC supports
5. Yes
6. Yes: the hardware and software cost add up to be within the budget
7. Yes: since the hardware is the PC
8. No :(

Ubiquiti
1. No, the maximum number of cameras it supports is 20 and it cannot combine multiple NVRs into one management system, leaving this solution out
5. No, this will require me to use solely Ubiquiti cameras from now on.

Axis camera station
1. I'm not sure
2. Yes: never used it but I think it's not bad
3. Maybe?
4. Yes: as long as the PC supports
5. OK: Supports ONVIF
6. I'm getting a quote now but I believe it will be cheaper than SS
7. Yes
8. Yes

Would love to have recommendations from you guys, thanks!

Vivotek VAST2
Users like it
If you use Vivotek cameras, then the software is free

Back