01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

4-5mp camera rubbish resolution

Leecavturbo

why is my picture so bad?
Yes it's wide field probably 4mm but it can't distinguish a car number plate 15ft away! I can take picture with my iPhone from same location and clearly read Reg of number plate from house opposite 70ft away!
Some more detail , adjusting bit rate upwards of 1023 shows no discernable increase in sharpness. And throughly put varies between 4kbps and 10kbps even on 16kbps setting . I would say camera is focussed well it purely seems as if the camera is not 4-5mp !
Also note that output to tv via rgb is measurably better than hdmi! Why is that ?
Tia

Could you upload a capture from the camera?

image.png
image.png
image.jpeg

Would you be able to upload a full-size capture of the camera's live view? I don't mean a screencap from a phone, but a Hikvision NVR or camera will allow you to take a capture when viewing the camera via a web browser on a PC or software on a PC. I want to check the resolution of the actual captured image.

Alternatively, double-check the camera's resolution setting in the configuration options, again accessible via a web browser.

What you're showing doesn't seem to out of place for a wide-angled 4MP camera - it looks to be a 2.8mm lens.

I did try to look on the nvr on how to export a pic but seemingly you can't only video! ?
Additionally I sent up alarm email event which sends a picture but the file size was only 28k the picture was tiny .
Not sure how to access from a pc

To keep that wide angle be able to zoom post capture and distinguish a number plate at the road would need 12mp ?

You can access the system via a web browser by entering its IP address into the browser address bar. That'll take you to a Hikvision login page (enter your device's credentials) and then you'll be able to view any cameras in a browser. From here, you can capture a snapshot - double check the camera's resolution in the configuration options whilst you're at it.

With a wide angle, you'll need a high resolution in order to capture something so small at that distance in a reasonable quality.

Hmmm got access via browser but using the nvr directly or browser no options to take picture / snap!
Even set up vca for area intrusion with save picture option but no idea where this is viewed. ?
Vca search on nvr only lists some of parameters I cannot set as a trigger I.e plate search I cannot use as a trigger but it's in the vca search as if it should capture plate alarms! ?

The snapshot button can be found in either the Live View or Playback tabs, at the bottom of the viewing area. The image in a red square, below.

fVUk0vB.jpg

In Configuration >> Video/Audio, you'll be able to view the camera's current resolution.

Otherwise address your NVR cam directly in the address bar of your browser to return a snap of current stream.

http://user:password@192.168.0.xxx/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/101/picture?videoResolutionWidth=1920&videoResolutionHeight=1080

Refer the "101" above, the first number is the cam channel, the second number the stream (01 main, 02 sub).

Thanks all, I did manage to remote in and video is high bitrate and full hd. Pictures were quite big pixel wise circa 500k file size ?
Will just have to go up mpixel to get what I want. Seems the 12mp are generally indoor cams! ?

Back