01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

4MP IP PTZ with Strobe, Audio Alarm and Auto Tracking Recommendation

Jami3

Hi, would anyone be able to recommend a 4MP IP PTZ with Strobe, Audio Alarm and Auto Tracking?

I'm finding it challenging with all the different models available.

Does Acusense imply a camera would have these features (strobe, audio)?

I was looking at this camera

DS-2DE4425IW-DE(S5)​

I understand it does not seem to have strobe or audio but in the specs under smart features, it does mention "smart tracking" - is this the same as auto tracking?

Oh, it also has to be Hik.

Thanks

Hi @Jami3

The Hikvision DS-2DE4425IW-DE(S5) that you are looking at would be my recommendation. It is one of Hikvision's latest PTZs (yet to be released in the UK) and is the most affordable 4MP model we do that offers auto-tracking.

The DS-2DE7425IW-AE(S5) is similar in spec but has an IK10 rating, which means it is the better option if vandalproofing of the camera is a requirement.

Both are AcuSense cameras, which means that they reduce the number of false alerts by detecting whether an object is a person or vehicle (rather than being triggered by small animals, rain, foliage etc.). They can be set to track an either people, vehicles, or both, which is what is meant by "smart-tracking".

There's more info on AcuSense here - Hikvision Core Technologies.

Unfortunately, none of the PTZs available in the UK have an audible alarm / strobe light yet. This feature is only available on the fixed cameras, which can all be found here - Hikvision AcuSense cameras with strobe light and audible alarm.

If you are looking at AcuSense cameras, then you need to make sure that you use it with an I-Series NVR as they are the only models compatible with the technology.

Thanks @Kyle

Are you able to tell me the difference between the camera above and this camera:

DS-2DE4425IW-DE(D)​

Back