01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

8MP Camera max fps?

santi_cazorla

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone knows the issue I'm facing. I've gotten a hold of the following: DS-7608NI-K2/8P NVR and DS-2CD2185FWD-I 8MP Dome cameras.

I'm just working through the settings, and it seems that the max fps I can set is either 12 or full frame rate.

What frame rate is full frame rate, and why can't I set it to something such as 20fps. I'm using 265+ so I wanted to make use of a higher fps to take advantage of the storage reduction.

The sub stream setting allows me to set the FPS to the max (25+)

Here are my current settings (frame rate only shows up until 12 or full frame rate):

1574801128501.png

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone knows the issue I'm facing. I've gotten a hold of the following: DS-7608NI-K2/8P NVR and DS-2CD2185FWD-I 8MP Dome cameras.

I'm just working through the settings, and it seems that the max fps I can set is either 12 or full frame rate.

What frame rate is full frame rate, and why can't I set it to something such as 20fps. I'm using 265+ so I wanted to make use of a higher fps to take advantage of the storage reduction.

The sub stream setting allows me to set the FPS to the max (25+)

Here are my current settings (frame rate only shows up until 12 or full frame rate)

This is not an issue we have seen before, we don't have 2185 as part of our system but the 2385 we have set up is from the same family, has the same Max fps, and uses the same firmware but as you will from the below screenshot we get all the frame rate options up to 20fps.
Screenshot 2019-11-27 at 10.15.28.png

Is your 2185 running the latest G1 firmware? v5.6.3

This is not an issue we have seen before, we don't have 2185 as part of our system but the 2385 we have set up is from the same family, has the same Max fps, and uses the same firmware but as you will from the below screenshot we get all the frame rate options up to 20fps.
View attachment 2859

Is your 2185 running the latest G1 firmware? v5.6.3

Interesting. I'm unable to check the firmware at the moment as I'm away for the week. Is there anyway of accessing the cameras directly via an external network the same way it's done internally? Virtual host is enabled, and can access the NVR settings.

OP, is that screenshot from the NVR or the camera? Try logging directly into the camera and see if it changes the issue.

OP, is that screenshot from the NVR or the camera? Try logging directly into the camera and see if it changes the issue.

Thanks for the reply, yeah the direct settings yesterday allowed me to see 12.5 fps as the maximum. NVR only shows 12 or max frame rate

I guess that didn't help, then. I only brought it up because I've noticed that weird things can happen on the NVR menu, but the direct camera menu is always good.

Interesting. I'm unable to check the firmware at the moment as I'm away for the week. Is there anyway of accessing the cameras directly via an external network the same way it's done internally? Virtual host is enabled, and can access the NVR settings.

You would need to port forward the NVR to access the NVR and camera settings remotely using a browser

So just managed to get into the camera settings. Something weird has happened tbf. The camera model online is different to the box/what was ordered. It is showing as: DS-2CD2183G0-I when infact a DS-2CD2185FWD-I was ordered.

The firmware is a bit behind (at 5.5.2 I believe) so just wanted confirmation if it'll be part of the same family for the firmware upgrade.

Just read up the specs of the actual model no. seems like 12.5 fps is the max, unless on 60hz then its 15fps.

Any drawbacks of switching to NTSC for 60hz?

Last edited:
So just managed to get into the camera settings. Something weird has happened tbf. The camera model online is different to the box/what was ordered. It is showing as: DS-2CD2183G0-I when infact a DS-2CD2185FWD-I was ordered.

The firmware is a bit behind (at 5.5.2 I believe) so just wanted confirmation if it'll be part of the same family for the firmware upgrade.

Just read up the specs of the actual model no. seems like 12.5 fps is the max, unless on 60hz then its 15fps.

Any drawbacks of switching to NTSC for 60hz?

If you are just viewing the camera online there shouldn't be any drawbacks as your network should be able to handle both 50 & 60Hz, it may only be an issue if the camera is directly connected to an NVR and you are viewing from a direct monitor as that monitor would need to support both 50 & 60Hz.

Back