01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

A few questions about my Hikvision DS-7204HUHI-K1 DVR

Lordvader

I have a DS-7204HUHI-K1-P with 4 cameras.

All works fairly good along with the procontrol+ app.

Couple things wondered if anyone could advise.

1. I can not figure out how to set a host name. On my DHCP server the host name is just the MAC address. In buggered how to change it to something else.

2. It's running firmware V4.21.100 build 200307 found here DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

Noticed there are 2 versions K72 and K72A. What is the difference?

Not sure what you're trying to achieve with your first point. Is it how the Hikvision DVR identifies itself to your network? Some network devices report a model number and some just their MAC address and network device manufacturer. I always assign an internal static IP address to my systems but depending on your DHCP server you can usually set a friendly name there without touching anything on the DVR. I do this for all my network devices - TV, NVR, Alexa, Sonos amps, Smart thermostats etc by setting a friendly name in the router network map (mines a Netgear Nighthawk) I also do this in my IP scanner program so I can see in an instant what's online.

With regard to the firmware you'll find a spreadsheet on the portal (link below) telling you which platform is for each model. With the NVR's it's dead easy - K series, I series etc with a number denoting the number of hard disks (I2 for example). For the DVR's however Hikvision have made identifying the correct firmware for each specific model an absolute nightmare.

In the spreadsheet you can see which specific models each platform covers and it's critical you install the correct one. Yours is a Turbo 4.0 model running K72.

Screenshot_2020-07-04-15-29-17-502_com.android.chrome.png

As shown here there are 2 different files, K72 and K72A. What's the difference?

The K72 is for your model, the K72A is not. The link I posted to the spreadsheet shows it

Back