01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

A number of problems with my Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) system

Bluenose1940

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Got off to a great start today with loads of problems with my system.

First off I can't get at the menu on my NVR so can't look at the setup. Images are fine from both cameras. A right click with the mouse doesn't get me the option to go into the menu and there is nothing across the top of the screen which I have had previously.

Also I cannot get Live View on iVMS4200 whatever I try, I have made various amendments to the setup by following on-line videos but this doesn't cure the problem Additionally I can't get Live View by using Internet Explorer and typing in the 192. xxx.x.xx either and no amount of fiddling will cure it.

My NVR is the DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) using version 4.30.000 Build 200508 and the version of iVMS4200 is 3 something and so I think that I am pretty well up-to-date.

Any thought anyone please?

Many thanks.

The monitor connected to the NVR is showing the images for both cameras and I can either view one camera at a time full screen or both cameras on a split screen.

What I can't do is get at the menu for any part of the setup via the NVR. I can see the menus on my pc via internet explorer but no live view either through that or iVMS4200.

Usually a right click will toggle the screen to show the side menu and top menu on version 4 NVR's but I'm not sure on the version 4 "lite" that the K series uses. If you move the mouse pointer to the bottom right corner does a bar not appear where you can click the exit full screen icon?

Hi @Bluenose1940

Do you get anything when you right-click on the direct monitor? With the new v4 Lite firmware you should get a dropdown with multiple options one of which should be 'Exit Full Screen" which should make the menu bars appear.

In regards to the browser access, which browser are you using? The K-series NVRs like the 7604(B) still require the older plug-in which is only supported by Internet Explorer.

Also, just so you are aware there is a newer firmware version for the 7604(B) NVRs - v4.30.010

If you've already tried rebooting the NVR and disconnecting/reconnecting the mouse and the right click still doesn't bring anything up, maybe try swapping out the mouse if you've another laying around

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I have only just been able to get on my pc.

Anyway, last night I disconnected the entire system including removing the plug from the 13 amp socket. I left if overnight and switched it all back on a short time ago and I now find that I can get at the full menu without any problems. I can never understand how it works but it is often the case that such a process will resolve a problem. I will now attempt to install the latest software as per the link provided by Dan.

As usual thank you all for your valued input, always very much appreciated.

Dan, yes I am using Internet Explorer but for some reason I just cannot get Live View to work, the same with iVMS 4200, everything is there except Live View.
I have been to the Hik-Vision website to download the software and I assume that I have chosen the correct version in V3.1.6.E rather than the other versions that are listed, i.e. AC(v1.3.6.E) and VS(v1.3.1.6.E). There is no explanation given as to what each of the versions are and so I just tend to use the higher version number.

HI @Bluenose1940

Good to hear you have the menu issue resolved, in regards to the browser/iVMS-4200 live view issue can you post some screenshots of what you are seeing when accessing the NVR with a browser & iVMS-4200, as well as a shot of your NVR network settings.

Hello Dan, what about this then! All of the time that I have been fiddling about with these issues I have remained logged-in to both iVMS4200 (the v3 one) and to Hik-Connect via Internet Explorer both with everything visible, menu's etc etc but, neither of them providing Live View.

I mentioned in post #7 above that I would be attempting to update my NVR to the latest version via the link provided. I did this and everything worked perfectly and then, I went over to iVMS4200 (where I was still logged-in) and as if by mirrors, magic or smoke, Live View was there in all its glory. I then went into Internet Explorer where it appeared that I had been auto-logged out (time expired?) and so I logged in again and there they were, perfect images from both cameras in Live View.
Obviously the software update had done the trick but, I can't understand why I couldn't get images from the previous version. not that I'm overly concerned now that everything is working fine.

Thanks again to all for your input, much appreciated.

I suppose my next task will be to make sure that my camera software is up-to-date.

Reactions: Dan
I have revived this thread because I have spotted something new when using the latest version of iVMS4200.

When there is any movement detected one of my cameras shows a bright green rectangle around the object/person and it follows them until out of shot. This is only evident with one camera and not the other. When I updated the NVR to the latest version I did not update the software for the cameras.

Does anyone know why this green box has suddenly appeared and why it is only on one camera?

Hi @Bluenose1940

It is likely the case that the newest version of iVMS-4200 has installed with a setting called 'Rules' enabled by default. The Rules setting allows for event data to be overlayed on the live stream. The reason you are probably only seeing it on one camera is that that one camera probably has 'Enable Motion Dynamic Analysis' enabled under the motion event settings and the others don't.

If you go to motion event settings of the cameras that are not showing the live motion data you should be able to enable that Dynamic Analysis setting for all the cameras, although some older models may not support that feature.

Thank you Dan. Am I making this adjustment via iVMS4200 or the menu on the NVR.? Having gone through both, I haven't found 'Enable Motion Dynamic Analysis yet.

The setting is only visible when accessing the cameras directly (see below examples of direct access to a camera using iVMS and browser), so you won't see it in the event settings when accessing the NVR from either a direct monitor or in iVMS-4200.

Screenshot 2020-10-19 at 10.03.59.png
Screenshot 2020-10-19 at 10.04.45.png

The easiest way to access cameras directly if they are directly connected to the NVR is to log in to the NVR with a browser and enable Virtual Host which then allows you to use virtual links to access the settings of individual cameras.

Back