01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

"Abnormal HDD" message in my Hikvision HiLook NVR 104?

MattBaigent

Hi all,

New to the forum and I apologise if this is a regular issue.

I am new to the home cctv set up and I have installed the hikvision HiLook nvr 104 with HiLook t250 dome cameras. It’s all working as expected until I installed the WD purple hdd. On initial figment it went as planned and it was recording as I’d expect, I was using it this morning to see what had happened overnight (nothing happened, just having a play) and tonight I tried to adjust the sensitivity of motion detection and noticed it hadn’t been recording so I checked the storage and it displayed an abnormal hdd, I re installed it and tried to initialise it again but it failed.

Is it a dodgy HDD. It’s just over 24 hours old. ‍♂️

Thanks,

Hi @MattBaigent

If you are getting the abnormal HDD message and it is failing to initialise it is likely a faulty HDD, what size HDD is it?

It is a 4tb HDD.
When the guy delivered it he posted it through the door and it fell pretty harshly to the hard floor so I have requested a new one to be sent out as after some research last night, it did seem likely to be an issue with the HDD

Also, I have notice a small button on the PCB. What is that? I’m just staring at it trying so hard not to just press it

Back