01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Accessing DVR settings over network

Stu_c

Morning All
just a quick question, I have a HikVision 7208HUHI is it possible to change/configure the settings over a network when not at home?

If you enable remote access to your DVR, you can access it from any network as if you were on your LAN. Then you'd be able to configure it freely.

If you enable remote access to your DVR, you can access it from any network as if you were on your LAN. Then you'd be able to configure it freely.

Morning Kieran
How do i set it up and also how would i access it away from home?

There are a few ways to enable remote access. Typically, you can use simple port forwarding, a DDNS account or Hikvision's Hik-Connect / EZVIZ Cloud P2P options.

Each are covered in our Hikvision megathread, although this was made with NVRs in mind and not a DVR so it might not be the exact same process.

I already have IVMS-4500 set up for viewing the cameras and obviously I can access them through EZVIS can I use the same access details?

Also is there a website I go onto to do it, when I go onto Hik-online it doesn't recognise my details from the IVMS-4500 details

Unfortunately, whilst iVMS 4500 and EZVIZ will allow you to view the cameras, to actually configure them remotely you'll need to use a web browser and either a HiDDNS account or simply a port forwarded IP address.

The easiest method would be to create an account on Hik-Online and add your DVR to it via HiDDNS if this is available to you. This is an entirely new account you'd need to create on Hik-Online - any other login credentials will not work (unless you have an existing Hik-Online account).

But isn't Hiddns being closed down? Thought it's becoming Hik-Connect instead? If so would I be better to wait till the hik-connect is up and running before I change anything?

It is, correct, but any device registered before the discontinue date will still continue to function - you simply won't be able to register new devices.
You could also use No-IP or DynDDNS as alternatives. At the moment, Hik-Connect doesn't give you enough configuration options I'm afraid, it's essentially EZVIZ

It is, correct, but any device registered before the discontinue date will still continue to function - you simply won't be able to register new devices.
You could also use No-IP or DynDDNS as alternatives. At the moment, Hik-Connect doesn't give you enough configuration options I'm afraid, it's essentially EZVIZ

Many thanks for all the info I will look at it tonight where it says Domain name how do I register one?

Domain name in the NVRs configuration? Simply enter a unique domain name (one that isn't in use on the service by anyone) and hit Save / Apply.
Then add the DVR to your Hik-Online HiDDNS account using its serial number and domain name you just created.

Simple as that thank you will I still have access to my cameras through IVMS? :)

So how will people do it with the hik-connect presume they will have to get their own DNS settings in future?

Last edited:
Yes, you can add your devices to iVMS 4200 using their HiDDNS domain name. Adding them to the DDNS service won't change how you've added them already in the past too.

But otherwise yes, you're right, people will have to source their own DDNS services in the future such as No-IP or DynDNS

Apologies for the slow response!

Afternoon,
thank you for the reply I have done everything needed through HiDDNS, but when I click on the link under Hik-Online to connect to the unit comes up with Redirecting for ages then says no response from server :( any suggestions?

Back