01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Accessing Hikvision DS-2DE5425IW-AE S5 cameras from Hik-Connect when off-site?

Guchikas

Hi,

I apologise in advance if this was already being covered, but I'm really stuck.

I've bought two DS-2DE5425IW-AE S5 cameras, had some trouble activating them, but got it in the end.
Only thing is I can't connect to them via mobile data on my phone app, only works on home WiFi. The cams are connected via Tenda TEF1105P-4-63W PoE+ Switch
to my virgin media router.
Could you please tell me how could I connect to them via phone mobile data,
Thanks?

Hi @Guchikas

I assume you have added the PTZ to the app using either the IP address or QR Code? If so then this is likely the issue because these methods are not visible outside your local network.

To gain remote access you need to first delete the camera from the app, then open SADP and unbind the camera from Hik-Connect.

Login to the camera with a browser on your local network and go to Configuration > Network > Advanced Network > Platform Access and make sure Hik-Connect is enabled

After you have unbound the camera and enabled Hik-Connect you then need to go to the Hik-Connect Web Portal and log in with your Hik-Connect app login details.

Once logged in you then need to add the camera to the Hik-Connect portal using the serial number and once successfully added the device should appear in the Hik-Connect app. (you may need to close and reopen the app)

Hi @Guchikas

I assume you have added the PTZ to the app using either the IP address or QR Code? If so then this is likely the issue because these methods are not visible outside your local network.

To gain remote access you need to first delete the camera from the app, then open SADP and unbind the camera from Hik-Connect.

Login to the camera with a browser on your local network and go to Configuration > Network > Advanced Network > Platform Access and make sure Hik-Connect is enabled

After you have unbound the camera and enabled Hik-Connect you then need to go to the Hik-Connect Web Portal and log in with your Hik-Connect app login details.

Once logged in you then need to add the camera to the Hik-Connect portal using the serial number and once successfully added the device should appear in the Hik-Connect app. (you may need to close and reopen the app)
Hi Dan,
Thanks for your reply.
I'm sorry, but I'm quite new at these things, how should I connect to them with a browser?
Thanks,

You just need to enter the cameras IP address into the browser web address box (not the google search box) and that should take you to a login page.

If you are unsure what the cameras IP address is you can check it in the SADP Tool

You just need to enter the cameras IP address into the browser web address box (not the google search box) and that should take you to a login page.

If you are unsure what the cameras IP address is you can check it in the SADP Tool
Hi,

Okay, thanks, I will give it a try later today. Will report back with the results :D

Reactions: Dan

HI,
Apparently for some reasons I can't unbind any of my cams.

See screenshot

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• ptz.jpg
    ptz.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 250
Ok, it may be that because you had added via QR Code or IP address that the device was never properly bound to Hik-Connect, try skipping this step and see if you can add the device to the Hik-Connect portal.

Ok, it may be that because you had added via QR Code or IP address that the device was never properly bound to Hik-Connect, try skipping this step and see if you can add the device to the Hik-Connect portal.
Hik-Connect is asking verification code after ive sn input

Yes, this should be the verification code/Encryption key you were prompted to set when enabling Hik-Connect in the camera's platform access menu

Yes, this should be the verification code/Encryption key you were prompted to set when enabling Hik-Connect in the camera's platform access menu
I honestly can't remember doing that :D how can i recover that code ?

ps. Hik-Connect can only find one cam, for the other one it shows offline

See my instructions in my earlier comment:

"Login to the camera with a browser on your local network and go to Configuration > Network > Advanced Network > Platform Access and make sure Hik-Connect is enabled"

By default, the Platform access page may be set to 'Ehome' but if you click the dropdown you can switch to Hik-Connect

Once you click to enable Hik-Connect a pop-up should appear asking you to set a verification code.

See my instructions in my earlier comment:

"Login to the camera with a browser on your local network and go to Configuration > Network > Advanced Network > Platform Access and make sure Hik-Connect is enabled"

By default, the Platform access page may be set to 'Ehome' but if you click the dropdown you can switch to Hik-Connect

Once you click to enable Hik-Connect a pop-up should appear asking you to set a verification code.
Ok I've added one cam, but the other one is showing offline :D

can you please share a screenshot of what you are seeing?

ok, and you have logged in to each camera and enabled Hik-Connect in the Platform access menu for both?

ok, and you have logged in to each camera and enabled Hik-Connect in the Platform access menu for both?
That one is showing offline, but its actually working

Attachments

• ptz-3.jpg
    ptz-3.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 189
Got it in the end, why it should be so difficult to do?
But now I have a different problem, can't connect to them via work computer.
Please help again :D

What exactly is the issue when accessing them on the work computer?
Is the work computer on the same local network as the cameras?

No, my work PC isn't on the same network. Tried through Hik-connect via IP/Port no and couldn't connect to them

Attachments

• ptz-5.jpg
    ptz-5.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 178
Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, then that is why you cannot access from the work PC.

The basic IP address can only be used to access the device from a browser on your local network and the P2P connection is primarily used for mobile access.

To access the camera using a browser on a PC outside your local network you would usually need to port forward the camera, but as you have already set up Hik-connect the easiest way for you to do it would be to install iVMS-4200 on the work PC you want to access from and then add the camera to iVMS-4200 via Hik-Connect/P2P Cloud, the steps for doing this are explained in the below thread:

Back