01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Acusense camera won't power on on it's own after power outage

Dny2004

The camera is an Acusense DS-2CD2T46G1-2I and it will not power on after power was back. First time it did this, I went on location and saw that is connection with POE switch had no LED's on. So suspected that camera was dead. So, removed camera and powered it with 12v, and it was back on. Checked with another cable to see if POE is ok, so it was. Mounted it back in it's place, all was fine. Even changed it's POE port on the switch. So I left the location and then power there was down again and my camera is dead again, is offline. It's installed since May 2019 and has experienced a few power losses, no UPS sadly. Other cameras that I have there have no such issues. It didn't reset it's settings or anything. In hik-connect webpage I see that the other cameras have the same IP but this one has different IP... weird.

Having an UPS would help but not sure if after UPS goes out the camera will still be unable to start on it's own. Should I expect the worst..? How rugged are this cameras..?
ds-2cd2t46g1-2i-d-256778.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,
This is the first report that we have seen of this symptom.
Could there possibly be any problems with the network cable to the camera?
Maybe test it with a short/bought patch lead and see whether it recovers OK after you cycle the power.

Thanks for your reply.
The cable worked fine since installation in May 2019, but I can't exclude this as a reason. It is a "factory/bought" cable. More testing will be required but I won't be able to get there till the end of the week... The camera has a dedicated support from hik and moisture shouldn't be present there. Just to be sure, I will put another cable, a bought UTP cable. If this also fails, maybe warranty return...

Check that you are running the latest firmware on all your Hikvision devices.
And check for water ingress to the connections.

It's not a symptom that we have come across.
So, maybe check with your reseller to see if they have any suggestions, and if they have no other suggestions they may ask you to return it to them for testing.

This very weird... As of 19:38 today the camera turned itself back on, I checked the recording. There was no power outage to believe that it was a sort of a reset. All other 3 cameras were ok in that time period. It has the latest firmware, had the upgrade a few months ago, and it was/is my best camera, can't recommend it enough. I guess thanks to the Chinese government for turning my camera back on, right ? :))

I have similar issue with DS-2CD2T47G2-L (C) camera. Sometimes after power loss camera does not start after resuming power. Changing port on poe switch does not help. Unplugging and pluggining port to poe switch does not help. POE power just not coming to camera (poe led is off). But reconnecting RJ45 port ON THE CAMERA helps. I have issued this problem 3 times already. Each time had to climb to the camera, open the box and reconnect RJ plug. The plug looks okay, no water inside, cable looks okay, moving or pushing cable does not powers off or resets working camera. The strange think is that reconnecting plug on the side of poe switch does not help, but plug on the other side of the same cable on the camera side - helps. What a kind of magic it is ? Of course this is a serious problem.

When powering through POE injector with passive poe (always power on and on different from data pins) - its working. So looks like Hikvoision cameras not always working correctly with 802.3af/at and not starting. the wire length is around 50meters (cat 5e copper). two different hikvisoin cameras hs this issue: DS-2CD2663G1-IZS and DS-2CD2T47G2-L (C). Other hikvision turret camera and calling panel is working okay. Other equipment (AP's) that working through this switch are also ok. The switrch is Zyxel GS1900-24EP is fully compaitilbe with af and at but only supports power throught data pins (mode A). I have tried to change AF/AT. no sucess. So the problem is in some Hikvision cameras with Active POE mode A, probably on mid-long distance.

Last edited:
Back