01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

AcuSense, ColorVu and Live-Guard: Easy IP 4.0 Technologies Explained

Emma Hedges

To further add to our forum post Hikvision Easy IP 4.0 vs Easy IP 3.0 vs Easy IP 2.0+. What is the difference? I wanted to explain the differences between the three technologies found within the Easy IP 4.0 range.

Hikvision have expanded the Easy IP 4.0 range a great deal in the past year, adding a variety of cameras that can offer excellent solutions based on your own personal requirements.

If you have read Hikvision Easy IP 4.0 vs Easy IP 3.0 vs Easy IP 2.0+. What is the difference? Then you will already know about AcuSense and ColorVu cameras and what they offer. (Don’t worry if you haven’t read it, I will explain in a moment).

‘Live-Guard’ is the latest buzzword to be added to the Hikvision Easy IP 4.0 range. It is the name they have given to the strobe light and audio alarm feature which was introduced in 2019.

So what do they all mean? What technologies will benefit you? How do you know what camera you will need? Fear not, I will explain below.

AcuSense technology is based upon deep learning algorithms and features three key components:
  • False alarm filtering
  • Quick Target Search
False Alarm Filtering

AcuSense false alarm filtering is based upon target classification which can filter our up to 90% of false alarms. Users can classify items into human, vehicle and other and have alerts sent when a human or vehicle is detected but will disregard items such as birds, leaves, rain etc.

Quick Target Search

Previously users have had to browse through large amounts of data just to find the video clip you require. Now with AcuSense users can quickly retrieve video clips with humans or vehicles detected. Quick target search options can be found on local GUI for quick access to your required files.

AcuSense products can be used in a range of applications including; warehouses, car parks, campuses and town centres.

ColorVu technology provides colour surveillance 24/7, providing users with extra confidence that no matter the time of day their camera will capture vivid colourful images. Darkness can often provide a cover for theft, trespassing and other crimes, ColorVu technology lifts this veil with its warm supplement lighting.

Featuring F1.0 super-aperture the lens is able to collect more light to produce brighter images. This is 4X the amount of light compared to conventional cameras and 2.56X compared to cameras powered by DarkFighter.

The built-in, environmentally-friendly, soft and warm supplement lighting works to guarantee colourful images, even in complete darkness. Luminance is adjustable on a scale of 0-100.

*Please note; we have had reports from customers that the supplement lighting is brighter than they expected so be aware it may not be as soft/warm as the description from Hikvision leads you to believe. This can be adjusted but will affect the brightness of the image*

Live-Guard technology is a combination of a visual and an audio alarm function within the camera. It has been designed to deter intruders, provide safety warnings and issue instructions.

Audio Alarm
An audio alarm can be configured to provide security warnings via the built-in speaker. Users can select from 10 different audio messages including “Warning, this is a restricted area”, “Danger! Please keep away”, “Welcome” or a simple siren alert.

Three additional, customisable audio messages are also available, allowing users to personalise their audio notification with their own pre-recorded audio message to suit their requirements, from welcoming people entering a shop or providing specific instructions to people leaving a site.

Strobe Light Alarm
A visual alarm adds a greater depth of security to your system. If the audio alarm cannot be heard, the strobe light alarm provides a visual awareness to danger, and security threats. The light can be set to flash in high or low frequency or can be set as ‘normally on’ for a constant light source the time in which the duration has been set.

Two-Way Audio
As well as a built-in speaker, the Live-Guard cameras typically feature a built-in microphone. This is ideal for communicating in real time events such as medical emergencies. Two-Way audio is a helpful addition when reviewing footage of security threats, intruders could be caught giving away names or further information that could support evidence if needed in the future.

So now we have discussed the technologies and how they could be useful, you now need to decide what camera would be most suitable for you. We have composed a list below indicating which cameras in the Easy IP 4.0 range feature which of the three technologies.

Cheat Sheet.JPG

*Does not feature the white supplement light.

Whereas in the past, users would have to choose between AcuSense or ColorVu, that is no longer the case. What’s more, there are even cameras that now feature all three smart technologies and they are available to order from use-IP:

Hikvision DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL 4MP Fixed Turret Camera with Live-Guard
Hikvision DS-2CD2T47G2-LSU/SL 4MP Fixed Bullet Camera with Live-Guard
Hikvision DS-2CD2047G2-LU/SL 4MP Fixed Mini Bullet Camera with Live-Guard

Finally, you may have already read the discussion surrounding the -K series and -I series NVRS but it is important to reiterate that we strongly advise only using these cameras with an -I series NVR. Please see the discussion in our forum post if you’d like more information. Alternatively they can be used as a standalone system, recording to a MicroSD card to avoid compatibility issues.

Last edited:
If I want to use a Live Guard/Accusense cameras such as

Hikvision DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL/B 8MP AcuSense Fixed IR Turret Network Camera With Live-Guard​

Do I need an NVR with Accusense such as:

DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S​

or will:

DS-7608NI-I2-8P​

do the job ?

ie do you need Accusense on the camera and the NVR or will just having it on the camera do the job/processing ?

Thanks @Emma Hedges that's great, please could I just confirm that with an Accusense camera I will get full functionality with the DS-7608NI-I2-8P ? ie getting the DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S wouldn't add any value for me if I have Accusense cameras ?

Graham

Hi

Yes you will :)

We advise keeping the firmware on both the NVR and Camera up to date to ensure this.

Emma

Hi Emma, I confused about AI Human/Vehicle detection on AcuSense vs ColorVu. All Pro-series colorvu cameras also state that they support Human/vehicle classification based on deep learning e.g. this one

Does that mean all ColorVu cameras support AcuSense as well?

Hi @LoinKing

Yes, all ColorVu models also support the AcuSense features. See the table above where you will see all the 2xx7G2 ColorVu models have a tick in both the AcuSense & ColorVu columns.

Back