01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision AcuSense/ColorVu with a 4 Channel NVR?

malford

Hello Guys.
looking for some help on a small home system for my mum and I’m out of touch with the latest products and compatibilities ( I did Hikvision installer course 4 years ago) I’m looking at the system below but came across a notice by Phil back in October 20 that said:

”We would now STRONGLY encourage people to select and buy the I-series 8-camera NVR in preference to the K-series.”
“We are increasingly seeing issues with the K-series NVRs when:
  1. The latest firmware available at this time is applied
  2. The NVR is used with the highest resolution (8MP) cameras
  3. The NVR is used with their latest tech cameras e.g. AcuSense or ColorVu cameras

My System Requirements are:

1x Hikvision 4 Channel DS-7604NI-K1-4P(B) 4K
3x Hikvision DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL IP Turret Camera ColorVu & Live Guard

Will this combination work ok?

Thanks for any help

Last edited:
Hi @malford

Are you asking us to delete this post?

Just so you are aware we would not recommend running AcuSense/ColorVu cameras on a 7604NI-K1/4P(B) because the K-series NVRs do not offer full support for the AcuSense features of the camera, it has limited browser access support (have to use Internet Explorer), and potentially you may see bandwidth issues if you are connecting multiple cameras to the NVR because the 4-channel NVR only supports up to 40Mbps but we have seen some AcuSense cameras us around 15-20Mbps each, so you may reach the NVR bandwidth limit with only 2-3 cameras.

Thank you Dan.
that’s been a great help.

(I’ll change the thread title)

it has limited browser access support (have to use Internet Explorer),
@Dan Does it (the recommended NVR) support browsers on macOS or by your comment above do you mean you can use other Windows browsers? Thanks.

Hi @daveb

The K-series NVRs will only be fully accessible from Internet Explorer and IE only, Edge won't work, Chrome won't work, Firefox won't work, and for Mac users Safari won't work.

Hikvision has improved the browser support for the I-series range of NVR, but even then their Mac browser support is still very poor and we would recommend that Mac users access their devices using the iVMS-4200 (v2.0.0.12) software instead.

Hi @daveb

The K-series NVRs will only be fully accessible from Internet Explorer and IE only, Edge won't work, Chrome won't work, Firefox won't work, and for Mac users Safari won't work.

Hikvision has improved the browser support for the I-series range of NVR, but even then their Mac browser support is still very poor and we would recommend that Mac users access their devices using the iVMS-4200 (v2.0.0.12) software instead.
Hi @Dan

I thought this might be your reply. I've been using iVMS-4200 for Windows running in Parallels Desktop for Mac and that is a better experience than iVMS-4200 for Mac which is slow and can crash. I was hoping to move away from needing Windows but apparently that's not going to happen soon.

Thanks for your reply.

Hi @malford

Are you asking us to delete this post?

Just so you are aware we would not recommend running AcuSense/ColorVu cameras on a 7604NI-K1/4P(B) because the K-series NVRs do not offer full support for the AcuSense features of the camera, it has limited browser access support (have to use Internet Explorer), and potentially you may see bandwidth issues if you are connecting multiple cameras to the NVR because the 4-channel NVR only supports up to 40Mbps but we have seen some AcuSense cameras us around 15-20Mbps each, so you may reach the NVR bandwidth limit with only 2-3 cameras.
Hi, I'm about to get two 8MP AcuSense cameras fitted and need to select an NVR. What camera features are missing if I selected the K-series over the 8 port I series?
Many Thanks

Hi @BerkoJas

If you are using 8MP AcuSense cameras with a K-series NVR you won't have access to the False Alarm Filtering and Quick Target Search which are only supported by the I-series and newer NVR models. See more about the AcuSense features in the below thread:

Back