01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

AcuSense G2 ISU/SL models - 2 Way Audio fixed

It’s there still - hasn’t moved.

It’s NVR firmware solely for the I series. Although the issue manifests itself with the AcuSense camera and while using Hik Connect - it’s a fix for that model NVR. I’ve since updated to a newer/latest version and the problem has not returned.
how bizarre, i only. tried your previous link an hour ago to no joy! now i can see where to look in the future though thanks. it seems the search function on the site is essentially useless. Thanks again, just installed and patch seems to work fine!

On a separate note, im about to post regarding iphone notifications sounds. i cant quite find anything specific on this site, but can we change the sound of Hikconnect notifications or not? i need specific intrusion notifications to wake us not just generic quiet iphone dings in the middle of the night, and i get so many emails anyway that wont serve the purpose.

how bizarre, i only. tried your previous link an hour ago to no joy! now i can see where to look in the future though thanks. it seems the search function on the site is essentially useless. Thanks again, just installed and patch seems to work fine!

On a separate note, im about to post regarding iphone notifications sounds. i cant quite find anything specific on this site, but can we change the sound of Hikconnect notifications or not? i need specific intrusion notifications to wake us not just generic quiet iphone dings in the middle of the night, and i get so many emails anyway that wont serve the purpose.

Unfortunately there’s no way to alter the tone. I suppose a workaround if it’s to alert you while asleep would be to fit a small buzzer/sounder of an appropriate volume and switch it via the NVR alarm output. You could then add to alarm output 1 as a trigger action for just the events that you want alerting to.

For instance you could just use a 12V PSU. Wire the positive direct to the sounder, wire the negative to alarm output ground on the NVR and then from alarm output 1 to your sounder negative. I’ve done this before and used a standard 1 way light switch and surface box - putting a buzzer inside. The switch can then be used to isolate it if needed

Sorry to bump this thread.

I have this camera and i'm getting an error message "Operating Failed. Failed to turn the two-way audio on (362003). I can activate the two-way audio for about 5 seconds before I get this error.

I updated to the latest NVR firmware and changed the stream types to Video & Audio..

Any ideas?

Sorry to bump this thread.

I have this camera and i'm getting an error message "Operating Failed. Failed to turn the two-way audio on (362003). I can activate the two-way audio for about 5 seconds before I get this error.

I updated to the latest NVR firmware and changed the stream types to Video & Audio..

Any ideas?
You mention you have the latest firmware installed, but did you previously install the version with the fix that I linked, or have you just jumped to the latest version? While I'm not saying that the issue isn't resolved in the latest firmware, it may be that the patch was required first for those affected. My NVR was patched with the "2 way audio fixed" and has subsequently been updated several times without re introducing the fault.

I updated the NVR to V4.40.016_200902.

I'm unable to get to the screen that specifies the MicIn option though... can that be accessed in the NVR? I'm having trouble accessing the individual cameras too..

You mention you have the latest firmware installed, but did you previously install the version with the fix that I linked, or have you just jumped to the latest version? While I'm not saying that the issue isn't resolved in the latest firmware, it may be that the patch was required first for those affected. My NVR was patched with the "2 way audio fixed" and has subsequently been updated several times without re introducing the fault.

I updated the NVR to V4.40.016_200902.

I'm unable to get to the screen that specifies the MicIn option though... can that be accessed in the NVR? I'm having trouble accessing the individual cameras too..

Difficult to say what's wrong. As I said there was a very specific firmware patch that addressed the two way audio issue and I linked to it and it may be that specific patch has to be applied before updating to the latest version. Only the Hikvision engineers would know the answer to that one... Don't make the assumption that the newest version of firmware is newer than the patch/fix and therefore includes the fix - it may not.

Audio options are accessible from the cameras own webpage menu but there is no need to alter the default settings to enable the 2 way audio - I would say the firmware is the cause.

To access the cameras first you need to enable Virtual Host:

Logon to the NVR using a web browser then go to:

1 - Configuration > Network > Advanced Settings and click the "Other" tab on the top line.
2 - From there check the box marked "Enable Virtual Host" and Save

Once you've completed that you will be able to access the cameras webpage menus by either:

1 - Logging onto the NVR, going to Configuration > System > Camera Management and clicking on the link to the right of the camera details
2 - Log onto the camera directly using the NVR web address appended with 6500(cam number) eg if your NVR IP address is 192.168.0.100 - http://192.168.0.100:65003 would get you to cam 3.

Last edited:
Thanks for that info!

Hmmmm I wonder if it is a firmware issue. The firmware the NVR came with resulted in the garbled/distorted audio. Then I downloaded the firmware you linked to - audio was then clear, but could last a few seconds before getting that error.

Should try and install the latest firmware?

Difficult to say what's wrong. As I said there was a very specific firmware patch that addressed the two way audio issue and I linked to it and it may be that specific patch has to be applied before updating to the latest version. Only the Hikvision engineers would know the answer to that one... Don't make the assumption that the newest version of firmware is newer than the patch/fix and therefore includes the fix - it may not.

Audio options are accessible from the cameras own webpage menu but there is no need to alter the default settings to enable the 2 way audio - I would say the firmware is the cause.

To access the cameras first you need to enable Virtual Host:

Logon to the NVR using a web browser then go to:

1 - Configuration > Network > Advanced Settings and click the "Other" tab on the top line.
2 - From there check the box marked "Enable Virtual Host" and Save

Once you've completed that you will be able to access the cameras webpage menus by either:

1 - Logging onto the NVR, going to Configuration > System > Camera Management and clicking on the link to the right of the camera details
2 - Log onto the camera directly using the NVR web address appended with 6500(cam number) eg if your NVR IP address is 192.168.0.100 - http://192.168.0.100:65003 would get you to cam 3.

Thanks for that info!

Hmmmm I wonder if it is a firmware issue. The firmware the NVR came with resulted in the garbled/distorted audio. Then I downloaded the firmware you linked to - audio was then clear, but could last a few seconds before getting that error.

Should try and install the latest firmware?
Ahh ok - so you have previously installed the patched version then so there should be no need to roll back to that. There's no harm in installing the latest version so long as you're installing the specific version for your NVR. You don't mention which NVR it is - the patch was only released for the I series so far as I'm aware (that was the version linked)

I'd ensure that the NVR is on the latest version available and if you can now access your cameras webpage using virtual host, you should be able to update the cameras that you have to their latest versions too.

Once everything is up to date - try the two way audio again. Also try it both while connected to your home WiFi and then with WiFi switched off on your phone (using your mobile data) to see whether there is a difference depending on connection method.

Thanks.

Yep I have an I series NVR — DS-7608NI-I2/8P. I'll try find the latest FW across both NVRs and cameras. Though I'm reluctant to upgrade the FW for my 2x G2 colorvu's in event the LED activation on motion feature gets lost.

I have all Australian distributed products. Will any FW do? UK, USA etc..

Ahh ok - so you have previously installed the patched version then so there should be no need to roll back to that. There's no harm in installing the latest version so long as you're installing the specific version for your NVR. You don't mention which NVR it is - the patch was only released for the I series so far as I'm aware (that was the version linked)

I'd ensure that the NVR is on the latest version available and if you can now access your cameras webpage using virtual host, you should be able to update the cameras that you have to their latest versions too.

Once everything is up to date - try the two way audio again. Also try it both while connected to your home WiFi and then with WiFi switched off on your phone (using your mobile data) to see whether there is a difference depending on connection method.

Thanks.

Yep I have an I series NVR — DS-7608NI-I2/8P. I'll try find the latest FW across both NVRs and cameras. Though I'm reluctant to upgrade the FW for my 2x G2 colorvu's in event the LED activation on motion feature gets lost.

I have all Australian distributed products. Will any FW do? UK, USA etc..
What is the model and current version of your ColorVu’s?

With regard to the firmware - I’m in the UK and we can use either the Hikvision UK or EU portal for firmware safely. Im not sure whether there is different firmware for the AU models.

DS-2CD2347G2-LU firmware: V5.5.160 build 210108

I already have the latest firmware for my 2386G2 and still have the darn 362003 error for two-way audio!

What is the model and current version of your ColorVu’s?

With regard to the firmware - I’m in the UK and we can use either the Hikvision UK or EU portal for firmware safely. Im not sure whether there is different firmware for the AU models.

DS-2CD2347G2-LU firmware: V5.5.160 build 210108

I already have the latest firmware for my 2386G2 and still have the darn 362003 error for two-way audio!
The issue that caused the 2 way audio error in Hik Connect was in the I series NVR firmware as opposed to the camera firmware.

Back